#CranberryWeek is almost over! 🙁 I can't believe how quickly this week has gone by. Have you checked out all of the recipes the other cranberry-filled recipes the other bloggers have made?
Canning is not really something I feel confident about. I bought all of the supplies to do it last summer and had these great intentions that I was going to start with peaches and work my way right on through to the fall produce. That wasn't even close to what actually happened. I made one recipe and didn't can anything again for almost a year...
If you like cranberries and apples, you're going to love this jam. It's the perfect amount of sweet and tart and just asking to be spread over a piece of toast or perhaps an English muffin. Or maybe you'll serve this instead of cranberry sauce at Thanskgiving dinner or maybe use it in place of mustard or mayo on a sandwich.
#CranberryWeek: Apple Cranberry Jam
- 2 cups Cortland apples peeled, cored and diced
- 2 cups Golden Delicious apples peeled, cored and diced
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- *prepared canning jars
- Combine the apples, cranberries, sugar and ½ cup of water in a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat and skim off the foam that develops on the top.
- Boil for 15-20 minutes or until cranberries have popped and the apples are soft.
- Add in the lemon juice and zest, the reduce the heat to a simmer and allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
- Remove from the pot and ladle the jam into the prepared jars. Wipe any spillage from around the jars, add lids and rings and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
I used the 4 oz. canning jars for this recipe and gave away most of them to family.
See all the other recipes being shared today as part of Cranberry week. Plus follow #cranberryweek for all the tasty cranberry creations:
- Apple Cranberry Crisp from Everyday Eileen
- Cranberry Apple Jam from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Chicken from Frugal Pantry
- Banana Cranberry Pistachio Muffins with Chocolate Glaze from The Crumby Kitchen
- Cranberry Pound Cake from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Tandoori Chicken from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Oatmeal Cranberry Pancakes from Jonesin' For Taste
- Orange Cranberry Bundt Cake from A Day In The Life On the Farm
- Sparkling Bay Breeze from Family Around The Table