Cranberry Skillet Pancake Cobbler is a sweet and tart treat that tastes like the combination of an oven-baked pancake and a cobbler.
Update: This recipe was originally shared in November 2017 as part of the #Cranberryweek event. The recipe and photos have been updated and republished in December 2022.
I have a problem where if I see a bag of cranberries in the grocery store, I purchase them, no matter how many bags are currently in my freezer. Which, I guess is great for creating cranberry recipes when they are out of season. But not so great for my lack of freezer space.
What is Cranberry Skillet Pancake Cobbler?
Cranberry Skillet Pancake Cobbler is more of an oven-baked pancake than a cobbler, but this recipe only takes about 30 minutes to make and can be served as breakfast or dessert. A simple batter is prepared and topped with sugar coated cranberries before being baked in the oven to a light golden color.
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- unsalted butter
- almond extract
- fresh or frozen cranberries
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet or other oven-safe pan. Then place the cranberries in a small bowl and top with 3 tablespoons of sugar.
Then mix the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
Next, mix the wet ingredients. Stir together the melted butter, remaining sugar, milk, egg and almond extract.
After that, combine the wet and dry ingredients. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until a batter forms and there are no lumps of flour remaining. Pour into the prepared skillet and top with the sugared cranberries, sprinkling any remaining sugar on top.
Finally, bake the cranberry skillet pancake cobbler for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.
Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
If you're not a fan of cranberries, you may like my Blueberry Oven Pancake recipe instead as it's pretty similar.
To make this recipe more like a cobbler, you could spoon cranberry sauce on top for some extra tartness, or serve it with ice cream.
Want to save this recipe for later? Follow me on Pinterest! Rather watch a video? See if I've made this recipe by following me on Tiktok!
Cranberry Skillet Cobbler
- 1 cast iron skillet (10 inches) or oven safe skillet
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet (or other oven safe pan) with butter.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, pinch cinnamon
- 3. In a medium bowl, toss the cranberries with the 3 tablespoons of sugar.1 ½ cups fresh cranberries, ¾ cups sugar
- 4. In another medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, ¾ cup of sugar, egg, milk and almond extract.6 tablespoon unsalted butter, ¾ cups sugar, 1 egg, ½ cup milk, 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 5. Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until combined. Pour into the prepared skillet.
- 6.Arrange the cranberries on top, dusting the top of the batter with any remaining sugar in the bowl that the cranberries didn’t pick up.
- 7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.