- 24 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups prepared marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
2. Add the pasta shells and cook for 15 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet and add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
4. Then add the spinach in batches until lightly wilted.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, ¼ cup of the grated Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add in the onion/spinach mixture and stir until combined.
6. Fill each shell with a generous helping of the ricotta mixture.
7. Pour ⅓ cup of the marinara sauce into a 9x13 baking dish. Place the shells in a single layer and top with the remaining marinara sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, then let rest 10 minutes before serving.
I haven't had stuffed shells in a long time and these were delicious.