For the recipe I'm sharing with you today, I used the Three Chile flavor, which is poblanos, hatch and jalapenos mixed with avocados and spices.
This recipe is also quick and easy to prepare. But more importantly, it's perfect for Halloween! Sure, you could easily sit out a bowl of prepared guacamole on a table with some tortilla chips scattered around and people would be just as happy. Or you could serve it inside some hollowed out cauliflower and then you have a dish that just screams "Halloween!"
Halloween Brain Dip
Source: various Pinterest pictures
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 head cauliflower
- 8 oz. Three Chile Wholly guacamole
- other veggies, for dipping
- red squeeze food coloring, optional
1. Use a sharp knife to cut a circle out of the center of a head of cauliflower. Remove the outer green leaves from the bottom.
2. Fill the cauliflower with Three Chile guacamole.
3. Chop up the removed cauliflower and serve along with carrots, celery, broccoli, bell peppers, snow peas, etc. for dipping.
4. Optional: use the red food coloring to create "veins" in the brain. *You may also need toothpicks stuck into the cauliflower to hold it together.
Creepy, right? The Three Chile is also slightly spicy, so just keep that in mind for any young ones you might be serving this to, but I didn't think it was overall too spicy to serve to kids.
So guess what! I got email saying they loved yesterday's post (blush!) and wanted to know if I'd like to do something different for today and offer a giveaway! Wholly Guacamole also wants you to check out their new flavors! I'm hosting a giveaway for the same items I received. That's:
Three Chile flavor
And this isn't all, they've also asked me to work with them on something in November so stay tuned for that! (I can't wait!)
Disclaimer: I received no compensation for this post, only the box of goodies shown in the picture below, in exchange for posting a recipe using a Wholly Guacamole new product. All thoughts are my own.