These burgers are pretty popular in the blog world and after using Sriracha in another recipe, I knew I needed to make them soon. If you don’t like spicy foods, I’d stay away from this recipe. 🙂Print
Burgers made with the great condiment, sriracha.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 5 burgers 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Grilling
For the Burgers:
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp black pepper
For the Sauce:
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Asiago cheese, shredded
- onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 slices bacon
- 5 slices swiss cheese
- 5 tomato slices
- spinach leaves or lettuce
- 5 hamburger buns
1. In a medium bowl, combine the burger ingredients and form into patties. Place on a plate and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion slices and lower the heat to low.
3. Stir occasionally until the onions are caramelized.
4. In a small bowl, add the ingredients for the sauce and stir until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Cook the bacon and break each slice in half. Set aside.
6. Place the burger patties on the grill or on a George Foreman and cook until desired doneness.
7. Toast the hamburger buns. Spread the sauce on both sides of the buns.
8. Top each burger with a slice of Swiss cheese and cook until melted.
9. Assemble the burger by placing the bacon, caramelized onions, tomato and spinach leaves on top of the burger. Serve with additional sauce for dipping.
Adapted from: The Sriracha Cookbook
Keywords: burger, sriracha, spicy,
Tom and I both thought these burgers were absolutely delicious! We used regular hamburger buns which got a bit hard to manage with the burger and all of the toppings, so I’d recommend a heartier bun for these. Either way, the spicy flavor of the Sriracha came through in the burger and on the sauce. I’m pretty sure Tom will be asking for these on a regular basis!