Extra Cheesy Cheeseburger Bombs are a great appetizer or quick weeknight meal. The ingredients for a cheeseburger are wrapped up inside of refrigerated biscuits and baked to golden, ooey-gooey cheesy perfection.
Update: This recipe was originally shared in January 2018. The recipe has been updated and republished with new photos in October 2022.
If you're looking for a quick weeknight meal, an appetizer for game day or a different take on a cheeseburger - these Extra Cheesy Cheeseburger Bombs are the recipe for you!
What is an extra cheesy cheeseburger bomb?
In short, a cheeseburger bomb is a cheeseburger baked inside of a biscuit. This version uses ground beef flavored with all your traditional burger toppings mixed in, along with some extra cheese. Then they're wrapped in a biscuit thats topped with sesame seeds and baked, resembling a bun. And don't forget an optional dipping sauce!
- ground beef
- Velveeta cheese
- large refrigerated biscuits
- Worcestershire sauce
- minced garlic
- condiments: ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, relish
- spices: paprika, parsley, sesame seeds, salt and pepper
First, mix up the ingredients for the sauce. In a small bowl combine the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, relish, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper and mix well.
Then preheat the oven to 375. And line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
After that, brown the ground beef. Add the ground beef to a large skillet over medium high heat, and cook, crumbling until browned through. Add in the onion and cook for 2 minutes more. Then stir in the sauce until fully coated and remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, prepare the biscuits. Flatten each biscuit with your hand until it is about 5 inches in diameter and ¼ inch thick. Place the biscuit on the prepared baking sheet.
Then create the biscuit bombs. Place two spoonfuls of the ground beef in the center of the biscuit and add a square of Velveeta cheese on top. Bring up the sides of the biscuit, pinching to seal it closed and gently forming it back into a ball. Place seam-side down on the baking sheet.
Next, top the biscuit bombs. Whisk the egg with water and brush on top of the biscuits so it will bake to a golden brown. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Finally, bake the extra cheesy cheeseburger bombs. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving (the cheese inside will be boiling hot until it rests)
Want more flavor? Creating a dipping sauce with your favorite condiments to dip these burger bombs in after they're baked! My favorite is ketchup, mustard, relish and Sriracha!
Substitutions and Serving Suggestions
- Meat: swap ground beef for ground turkey, chicken or pork
- Cheese: replace Velveeta with cheddar, American or even cream cheese
- Condiments: flavor the ground beef with what you like on your burger - hot sauce, spicy mustard, BBQ sauce, etc.
- Biscuits: refrigerated pizza dough, crescent rolls, or even puff pastry can replace the biscuits
- Additions: bacon, jalapeno, pickles, etc
Want to save this recipe for later? Follow me on Pinterest! Rather watch a video? See if I've made this recipe by following me on Tiktok!
Easy Extra Cheesy Cheeseburger Bombs
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon relish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 large refrigerated biscuit dough
- 4 oz Velveeta cheese cut into 8 cubes
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to a small bowl and mix until combined.2 tablespoon ketchup, 2 tablespoon mustard, 2 tablespoon mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon relish, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1 teaspoon paprika, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and cook ground beef, crumbling until browned and cooked through. Drain any grease and add in onion and garlic, cooking 2 minutes more. Then stir in the sauce until fully coated.1 lb lean ground beef, ¼ cup onion, 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Meanwhile, flatten biscuits to approximately 5 inches in diameter and ¼ inch thick. Place on the prepared baking sheet.8 large refrigerated biscuit dough
- Add 2 heaping spoonfuls of the ground beef mixture in the center of the flattened biscuit and top with a cube of cheese.4 oz Velveeta cheese
- Bring up the edges of the biscuit to seal in the mixture and pinch to seal closed. Place seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg with water and brush over the tops of the biscuits. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.1 large egg, 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown on top. Let rest for 5 minutes serving. *CAREFUL: cheese will be nearly boiling hot after baking*
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.