I wanted to make cheese steaks for dinner but I didn't want the bread aspect. I thought for a bit and then realized I could easily turn this into a form of stuffed peppers. Tom is not a fan of them and it just so worked out we had extra sub rolls in the pantry from a previous meal. I made all of the filling and stuff mine into bell peppers and saved his for a toasty roll.
- 4 green bell peppers, sliced down the middle (tops removed)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ lb. deli roast beef, chopped
- 8 slices provolone cheese, halved
- salt and pepper, to taste
These were so tasty! I'd much rather have a cheese steak like this than on a roll any day! I had the leftovers for lunch for the rest of the week and this is just as good the first time as it is microwaved the next couple of days.