Disclaimer: This post is sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsors, Swiss Diamond, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, Nordic Ware, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal, Nairn’s and The Spice House have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
On a crisp fall day is there anything better than a slice of sweet crumb cake studded with delicious apples and a steaming hot cup of coffee? I don’t think so.
A crumb cake can be delicious on it’s own, but it’s only made better when you use a great apple. For this recipe, I used Envy Apples. I’ve worked with them in the past and they are so great. Not only did they provide me with a ton of perfectly ripe apples, but they take such care in their packaging to ensure that the product arrives to you in flawless condition. Envy says:
It’s hard to put into words what makes Envy™ so remarkable. Each satisfyingly sweet crunch redefines what to expect from an apple. Since it was introduced, Envy™ has emerged as the apple with everything: beautiful skin, sweet flavor and a bright, tender flesh that remains white even after being cut. It’s a pure and pristine apple that’s a genuine work of orchard-growing genius.
Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake #AppleWeek
A dense crumb cake studded with apples and covered in a cinnamon sugar streusel.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 35-45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 12 slices
- Category: Cake, Dessert
- Method: Baking
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large Envy apples, peeled and diced
For the Streusel:
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp apple pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and sugar and mix together on medium speed for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, yogurt, and vanilla and mix well. Add in the flour mixture.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared springform pan. Arrange the apples in a layer on top.
- Prepare the streusel, by combining the flour, sugar, brown sugar, apple pie spice and salt together in a medium bowl. Add the melted butter and vanilla and mix until it all comes together.
- Spread half of the streusel topping on top of the apples, then cover with the remaining batter and finally the rest of the streusel topping.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until lightly golden and set in the middle. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before releasing the springform pan.
- Prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and milk until it reaches your desired consistency for drizzling, then drizzle over the cooled cake.
- Slice and serve.
Apple Pie Spice can be made using 4 tbsp cinnamon, 1 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp allspice, 1 tsp ginger and 1 1/2 tsp cardamom. The remainder of the mixture can be stored in your pantry for 6 months to 1 year.
Keywords: crumb cake, streusel, apples, cinnamon, fall baking, breakfast, brunch
OMG this cake is SOOOOO good! Dense and sweet and full of those great Envy apples, this is perfect for breakfast or brunch if you aren’t feeling it for dessert! I took this into work and it was gone so quickly.
Don’t forget the awesome giveaway! Enter below!
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.
- 1-Pot Apple Sausage Meatballs by Books n’ Cooks
- ABC Sheet Pan Dinner by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Bacon Goat Cheese Salad by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Apple Bourbon Float by Our Good Life
- Apple Butter Overnight Chia Oatmeal by Love and Confections
- Apple Cinnamon Layer Cake with Brown Butter Streusel by The Baking Fairy
- Apple Cornbread Cakelets by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Crumble Muffins by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Noodle Kugel by Palatable Pastime
- Caramel Apple Pie Dip by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Pie Donuts by Daily Dish Recipes
- Apple Pie Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Pork Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Cranberry Crock Pot Stuffing by West Via Midwest
- Baked Chai-Spiced Apple Chips by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Beet Apple Salad with Maple Vinaigrette by Caroline’s Cooking
- Butterscotch Harvest Cake by Tip Garden
- Caramel Apple Cookie Bars by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Caramel Apple Sheet Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Frozen Custard by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Cold Apple Cider with Caramel Infused Rum by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Blue Cheese & Sliced Apple Crostini by Who Needs a Cape?
- Deconstructed Chocolate Caramel Mini Apple Pie by The Freshman Cook
- Deconstructed Skillet Apple Dumplings by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fall Panzanella Salad by House of Nash Eats
- Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze by Soulfully Made
- German Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting by Cooking With Carlee
- Glazed Spiced Apple Cider Cookies by Savory Moments
- Hasselback Apples by Kate’s Recipe Box
- PB Apple Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skillet Apple and Sausage Stuffing Recipe by Lemon Blossoms
- Skinny Apple Crisp by The Saucy Fig
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter by Shockingly Delicious
- One Pan Pork Chops with Apples and Cinnamon by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Out of This World Apple Cake by Family Around the Table