This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Peeps Easter Bunny Vanilla Cake is a simple made-from-scratch cake, topped with a coconut buttercream frosting and decorated with PEEPS marshmallows and Easter candies, perfect for your Easter dinner dessert table.
There’s just something about spring and Easter that lends itself to completely adorable cakes, isn’t there? Or maybe it’s just me that thinks that…
Either way, I think you’re absolutely going to love this cake. I mean, how could you not? Vanilla and coconut are the perfect flavors for spring and who doesn’t love those PEEPS marshmallow bunnies? This cake is also really easy to assemble. You can make the frosting and coconut grass while the cake is either baking or cooling and once you get it frosted, it only takes a few minutes to go from simple vanilla/coconut cake to completely adorable and ready to impress.
PEEPS Easter Bunny Vanilla Cake
Peeps Easter Bunny Vanilla Cake is a simple made-from-scratch cake topped with a coconut buttercream frosting and decorated with PEEPS marshmallows and Easter candies, perfect for your Easter dinner dessert table.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 slices 1x
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
For the Cake:
- 1 box vanilla cake mix + ingredients to prepare
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
For the Frosting:
- 4 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3–4 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tsp salt
For the Decorations:
- 10 oz. bag sweetened flaked coconut
- 5–6 drops green food coloring
- 20–24 Peeps marshmallow bunnies
- egg-shaped Easter candy
For the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 8-inch cake pans with baking spray. Cut parchment rounds to fit inside the cake pan and mist lightly with baking spray.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the cake (box mix, plus ingredients, vanilla) in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on low speed until fully combined.
- Divide the batter between the two cake pans. Tap on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake according to box directions.
- Let cakes cool completely on a wire rack.
For the Frosting:
- Add the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed for 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add in the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add in the milk, vanilla extract, coconut extract and salt and mix until combined.
For the Coconut Grass:
- Pour shredded coconut into a zip top bag. Add food coloring and seal bag, tossing to coat and distributing the food coloring until it turns the coconut green. Set aside.
To Assemble and Decorate the Cake:
- Cut off the tops of the cakes to make them level.
- Spread about 3/4 cup of the frosting onto one of the cakes, cover the top and the sides.
- Place the second cake on top and spread 1 cup of frosting on the top. Use enough of the remaining frosting to spread down the sides of the cake, creating a layer of frosting thick enough to adhere the marshmallow bunnies.
- Press the Peeps bunnies around the outside of the cake.
- Sprinkle the green coconut on top of the cake, spreading out to the edges.
- Add additional Peeps bunnies and egg shaped candies to the top of the cake.
To get bunnies to stand up on top of the cake, insert a toothpick into the bottom of the bunny and then press into the cake. Alternately, place an egg shaped candy behind the bunny.
Keywords: Peeps Easter Bunny Cake, Bunny Cake, Easter Cake, Vanilla Cake, Coconut Cake, dessert, baking
I only had a bite of this cake, but it is perfectly light and sweet. Using coconut extract in frosting is one of my favorite ways to really impart that coconut flavor, but it still manages to not be over the top.
Don’t forget about the awesome giveaway that you can win. Enter below or lick back to my Individual Italian Easter Breads and enter from there.
Tuesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Bird’s Nest Thumbprint Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Blood Orange Danish Puff Pastry Pinwheels by The Gingered Whisk
- Brownie & Ice Cream Peeps Pops by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Caramel Walnut French Toast Bake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chick’s Nests (aka Haystacks) by Books n’ Cooks
- Chocolate Coconut Toasted Granola by Cooking With Carlee
- Classic Banana Pudding Parfaits by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Cottage Cheese Jello Salad by House of Nash Eats
- Easy Coconut Sheet Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Fresh Key Lime Pie by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Lemon Daisy Tartlets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Monster Cookie Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Orange Vanilla Creme Baked Donuts by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Orange Creme Smoothie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Orange Ricotta Cake by The Tip Garden
- PEEPS Easter Bunny Vanilla cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Small Batch Double Lemon Cupcakes by Family Around the Table
- Spring Snack Mix by Sweet Beginnings
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Sweet Rolls with Oatmilk Yogurt Frosting by The Baking Fairy
- Whipped Yogurt Fruit Tart by The Crumby Kitchen
- White Chocolate Popcorn with Sprinkles by Creative Southern Home
- Yogurt Parfait with Barlean’s Orange Creme by Our Good Life
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors.
The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.