Twelve weeks of Christmas.
Which means Christmas is about 12 weeks away. Actually, if you count this week, it's exactly 14 weeks is which much closer than I feel like it should be.
Now why am I talking about Christmas in September? Well, last year I noticed that some bloggers had participated in a challenge called the 12 Weeks of Christmas. I knew I wanted to participate this year, and luckily it was mentioned on my cooking board and I was able to sign up.
If you're interested in participating, it's not too late. Just head on over to Meal Planning Magic and click the link for the 12 Weeks of Christmas in the sidebar.
Biscoff Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Cassie Craves
Servings: 5 dozen
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼. tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup Biscoff spread
- 10 oz. bag dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time then vanilla. Once fully combined, add in the Biscoff
4. Slowly pour the flour mixture into the stand mixer and mix until combine.
5. Drop tablespoon sized scoops of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. (10 minutes results in a chewy cookie, 12 minutes a crispy cookie)
6. Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.
Tom came out while I was making these cookies and asked what they were for. I hesitantly responded about the challenge, which resulted in his eyes lighting up like a little kid. See, Tom loves Christmas to the point where the second it gets cold, he's asking me if we can put out Christmas decorations or listed to Christmas CDs. I love Christmas, I really do, and together we're the people who will eventually have the house that people gawk at when they drive by, but I am a firm believer that every holiday deserves to have its own time, which is why I refuse to indulge in anything Christmas related until after Thanksgiving.
These cookies are delicious! They only stay chewy for about 6 hours though, so just a warning if you were expecting a chewy cookie the next day. The good thing is, they're just as tasty when crispy.
Glad you were able to join in this year! I have never had biscoff...yet! Sounds like a great cookie.
I haven't had biscoff either. I am learning so many new ideas from just this first week of the blog hop alone.
Biscoff is so addicting! Thanks for linking up with What's Cookin' Wednesday!
I love a good choc chip cookie and these look great. Nice to have you participating this year. I hope you have as much fun as we do.