I think I've told you all about my little problem of hoarding fresh cranberries, right? At any given time throughout the year there are at least three full bags of frozen cranberries in the freezer.
When I found out that there was a blogging event called Cranberry Week, I knew it was right up my alley to join in and showcase those tart little buggers. Cranberry Week is being hosted by Caroline of Caroline's Cooking. Check in all week to see what I and tons of other bloggers have shared!
#CranberryWeek: Cranberry Apple Pecan Bread
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 medium apple peeled and diced
- 1 cup toasted pecans chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the applesauce and sugar. Pour the applesauce mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until combined.
- 4. Fold in the apple, pecans and cranberries until just combined, careful not to overmix the batter.
- 5. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 6. Allow to cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
I love fruit filled breads that are quick to make. The bread is delicious, especially if you steal a slice still warm, but I think adding in more cranberries or even using fresh ones would have made it even better.
See all the other cranberry creations being shared as we kick off Cranberry week today - follow #cranberryweek to see all the delicious recipes:
- Cranberry Apple Cider Sangria from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Bread from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Apple Pie from House of Nash Eats
- Cranberry Butter from Family Around The Table
- Cranberry Coffee Cake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cranberry Loaf from Making Miracles
- Cranberry Moscow Mules from Books n' Cooks
- Cranberry Mousse Chocolate Dessert Bowls by The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Swirl Bread from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Double Chocolate Cranberry Almond Bark from Frugal Pantry
- Frosted Cranberries from Bear & Bug Eats
- Pear Frangipane Tart with Cranberries from Caroline's Cooking
- Roasted Cranberry Chicken Salad from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures