This Hash Brown Breakfast Sandwich covers all of your breakfast needs, with cheese, fried egg and bacon nestled between two golden brown, crispy hash browns.
Would you believe me if I told you I almost never ate hash browns? I mean, what is wrong with me?! Who doesn't like a compact shredded potato? Thankfully, I have learned the error of my ways and now I am all about hash browns for breakfast. Or breakfast for dinner. Actually, anytime is fine. I'm not picky.
This Hash Brown Breakfast Sandwich is a great way to get all of your favorite breakfast foods into a sandwich format. It's a little messy to eat with your hands, so a fork is still suggested, but I'm sure there's a way to make more handheld.
BREAKFAST SANDWICH INGREDIENTS
- 2 frozen hash brown patties
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 egg, fried
- 1 slice American Cheese
ASSEMBLING YOUR SANDWICH
- Bake, fry, or air fry your hash brown first. Then add a slice of american cheese to one hash brown and let it melt.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium high heat. Crack in an egg and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until it reaches your desired egg cooked level.
- Place the cheesy hash brown on a plate. Top with 1 slice of bacon broken in half, then slide the fried egg on top, followed by the second slice of bacon. Finally, top with the remaining hash brown.
HASH BROWN BREAKFAST SANDWICH SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
It's breakfast! The options are endless! But here are some of my favorite ideas:
- Add a second slice of cheese to the other hash brown
- Use cheddar, provolone, swiss or your favorite type of cheese instead
- Replace the bacon with sausage, Canadian bacon or a deli meat
- Scramble the egg instead of frying it
- Add lettuce and tomato for a BLT style take on it
- Spice it up with some Sriracha!
- Use refrigerated shredded potatoes mixed with egg and flour to bind them, then cook in a round metal mold to create a round sandwich
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwich
February's Improv Cooking Challenge ingredients are potatoes and eggs. The Improv Cooking Challenge is a monthly blogging event where two ingredients are assigned and bloggers share their creations on the second Thursday of each month. If you'd like to join us, please visit our Facebook page. We also have a Pinterest Board where you can check out the creations for previous months!
Check out what the other bloggers have made!
Improv Cooking Challenge: February 2020
Ingredients: Potato and Egg
- Hash Brown Breakfast Sandwich by Cookaholic Wife
- Potato, Egg, and Arugula Curry by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Steak and Egg Hash by Making Miracles
- Patates Salatasi - Turkish Potato Salad by Pandemonium Noshery
- Egg & Potato Curry by Sneha's Recipe
- Mom's Potato Soup with Egg Dumplings by Our Good Life
- Potato Pancakes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Hash Brown Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 frozen hash brown patties
- 2 slices bacon cooked
- 1 slice american cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 and place the hash browns on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, flipping over once, or according to package directions, until hash browns are golden and crispy.
- Once hash browns are almost done, add butter to a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Crack the egg into the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked to your desired level. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place slice of cheese on top of one hash brown and return to the oven until it's just melted.
- Assemble the sandwich by placing the cheese-topped hash brown on the bottom of a plate, followed by a piece of bacon broken in half. Slide the egg on top off the bacon and top with the remaining slice of bacon. Place the other hash brown on top.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
I'll take one of those sandwiches for breakfast this morning please.