Orange Cream Dipped Cookies taste similar to creamsicle, with orange flavoring in the cookie and the orange cream flavored candy melt dip.
One of the coolest things about being a food blogger and doing events like these is getting to work with sponsors. Sometimes we know exactly what we're going to get and other times it's a surprise. Wilton totally surprised me with how incredibly generous they were for this event. I came home from work and there was this massive box sitting on the kitchen island. Baking dishes, candy melts, sprinkles, icing, cupcake liners and more came out of the box.
Tom couldn't believe me that I had gotten everything as part of this event. "You better make something worthy of it" he told me. I sure hope these cookies are worthy! I thought they were delicious, the perfect balance of sugar cookie and orange cream in a two-bite cookie.
I wanted a soft and chewy sugar cookie that could stand up to the orange cream candy melts and I think these turned out perfectly.
Orange Cream Dipped Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. Wilton Orange Cream Candy Melts
- 1-2 oz. Wilton sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the sugar and brown sugar and beat for 2 minutes more, or until fully combined.
- Add in the egg, orange zest and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Reduce the speed of the stand mixer to low and slowly add in the flour mixture until fully combined.
- Scoop out tablespoon sized balls of dough. Roll into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet, spacing each cookie 2 inches apart.
- Use a flat-bottomed glass or the palm of your hand to flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until just golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before moving to a wire cooling sheet to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Once all cookies have baked and cooled, pour Wilton Orange Cream Candy Melts into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave at 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until the candies have melted. (Mine took about 90 seconds total)
- Dip one end of the cookie into the candy melts and shake off the excess. Place back on the cooling rack. After 5-6 cookies have been dipped, shake the sprinkles over them.
- Repeat with remaining cookies until they're all dipped and coated in sprinkles.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
It was very difficult to not keep popping these cookies into my mouth! My coworkers loved them too! These Orange Dipped Cookies would be great for spring or summer, a baby shower, birthday party, cookout or simply because you felt like making pretty cookies that you friends/family/coworkers/complete strangers would gush over. 😃