Orange Sweet Rolls are the perfect breakfast or brunch treat, filled with orange flavor. The sweet roll dough has orange zest in it and the rolls are filled with orange marmalade then topped with a cream cheese and orange flavor glaze.
Is there anything better than a sweet roll for breakfast? Pillowy soft rolls, filled with your favorite fruit or spice flavorings and topped with a sweet cream cheese glaze...
Don't tell anyone, but I might be practically drooling just thinking about these sweet rolls. They're so tasty and perfect to make if you are having guests over. They look beautiful on a plate, just don't expect for them to last long.
Sweet rolls and cinnamon rolls are my favorite treat to make for others. My coworkers devour them within minutes of them appearing and they don't last long when I make them to leave at home either. How can anyone resist?
WHAT ARE SWEET ROLLS?
Sweet rolls refer to a variety of yeast-leavened baked rolls. They can be filled with candied fruits or jams, nuts or spices. A sweet icing or glaze is spread on top of them after baking.
OTHER FLAVOR OPTIONS
If orange isn't your thing, rest assured. I have a pretty big variety of sweet/cinnamon rolls here.
Cherry, strawberry, lemon and blueberry would be other great fruit options. Pecans or walnuts would make a great nut studded version. Spiced versions could include the classic cinnamon, or less common but still tasty nutmeg, cardamom, even ginger!
HOW TO MAKE SWEET ROLLS
- Proof the yeast in warm milk with sugar.
- Combine remaining dough ingredients into a stand mixer, add yeast and mix until dough forms.
- Let dough rise 1 hour.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle. Fill with orange marmalade.
- Roll up into a log, cut into evenly sized rolls.
- Place on a baking sheet and let rise 1 hour.
- Preheat oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Combine filling ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Spread over cooled rolls.
January's theme for Baking Bloggers is sweet rolls. Check out what the other bloggers have made.
Baking Bloggers January 2020
- Apple Bread Rolls from Sneha's Recipes
- Buchteln - German Sweet Rolls from Veggies First Then Dessert
- Cherry Sweet Rolls from Palatable Pastime
- Cottage Country Style Chelsea Buns from Making Miracles
- Fastelavnsboller + Some Danish Culinary History from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Orange Sweet Rolls from Cookaholic Wife
- Overnight Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Rolls from Cook with Renu
- Pan de Mallorca from Caroline's Cooking
- Portuguese-Style Sweet Potato Rolls from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Sticky Buns from Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
- Voisilmäpulla (Finnish Butter Eye Buns) from Tara's Multicultural Table
Orange Sweet Rolls
- For the Dough:1 packet dry active yeast 1 cup milk warmed to 100F¼ cup sugar 1 teaspoon salt 4 cups all purpose flour 1 stick unsalted butter, softened 1 eggzest from 1 large orange ¼ cup orange juice For the Filling:½ cup orange marmalade For the Frosting: 4 tablespoon butter, softened 4 oz cream cheese, softened 2 cups powdered sugar 2 tablespoon orange juice
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
Orange sweet rolls are one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing Nichole.
Yum! Love all that orange flavor throughout the rolls.
Those look so good, I want some.
The filling with orange marlmade is making me drool . The rolls look nice and soft.