Even though I knew that Tom and C won’t eat asparagus and I wasn’t sure if my cousin or her boyfriend would either, I really wanted to make this appetizer. I haven’t had prosciutto in forever! Almost every time I visit my aunt at her beach house in Delaware, she’ll have honeydew melon slices wrapped in prosciutto as an appetizer before dinner. Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!Print
Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
10–15 slices prosciutto
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread a small amount of cream cheese onto each prosciutto slice.
- Place the asparagus stalk at the top of the prosciutto slice and roll up until the end of the slice.
- Repeat with remaining asparagus and prosciutto.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the prosciutto is slightly crispy and the asparagus is tender.
Keywords: asparagus, prosciutto, appetizer, cream cheese,
I was expecting this to have a bit more flavor than it did. I think next time I’ll use a flavored cream cheese, maybe a veggie one or something to add a little more kick to this.