I was most excited for these buffalo chicken ones because I had never tried anything similar. The fact that they could be served in the crock pot was another huge selling point for me since the least amount of work I can do on the day of a party, I am all for.
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce (mild or hot)
- ¾ cup chunky blue cheese dressing
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire cooling rack on top. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, egg, Panko, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper together. Form into 20 evenly sized meatballs.
3. Place the meatballs on the prepared racks and bake for 5 minutes or until the meatballs are lightly golden.
4. Transfer meatballs to a crock pot and pour buffalo sauce on top. Cook on low heat for 2 hours.
5. Serve with the chunky blue cheese dressing as a dipping sauce.
Everyone loved these! I will definitely make them again for the next party I have because they are such a simple and easy appetizer. You could easily form the meatballs in advance and freeze them until the day of. I opted to go with the hot variety of the buffalo sauce.