I’ve changed up the recipe a little bit each time I make them and while honey mustard is my go-to dipping sauce we’ve also had these with a sriracha ranch, a wing dip and even hummus.
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs. thyme
- 1 tbsp. rosemary
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. crushed rep pepper flakes
- vegetable oil, for frying
- salt and pepper
1. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Heat a large skillet with oil over medium high heat.
3. Put the flour in a dish. In another dish, beat the eggs with water.
4. In another dish, combine the Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, thyme, rosemary, parsley, garlic, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper.
5. Coat each chicken tender in flour, then egg, then the breadcrumb mixture.
6. Fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to the cookie sheet and bake for 5-6 minutes.
If you’re cutting up chicken breasts instead of purchasing the pre-cut tenders, this does get a little long for a weeknight meal but you could always prep them in advance. I love how versatile they are. I’ll eat the chicken tenders over a salad with ranch or honey mustard dressing. I’ll eat them along with fries and corn. With bang bang cauliflower. With garlic mashed potatoes.
It doesn’t matter what you serve them with, you just need to make them up and serve them!
Original Post: September 6, 2010
When I saw this recipe online I thought ‘Oh neat, a fancy chicken tender.’ These ended up being way better than I expected. I will definitely make these again.
I made a honey mustard dipping sauce for these by mixing 1 tbs. of spicy brown mustard and 1 tbs. of honey together.