Ham and Cheese Sliders are the ultimate quick dinner or appetizer recipe. Perfect for game nights or weeknights where you need an easy, tasty dish.
Update: This recipe was originally shared in February 2013. The recipe and photos have been updated and republished in January 2023.
These Ham and Cheese sliders are so popular that everytime I've made them I've needed to physically keep people out of the kitchen so I could photograph them. Otherwise, these come out of the oven and hands are flying everywhere trying to snag one immediately!
What are Ham and Cheese Sliders?
These easy Ham and Cheese Sliders are a great choice if you need an appetizer for game night or an easy weeknight dinner. Deli ham and provolone cheese slices are placed inside a sweet Hawaiian roll and a mixture of melted butter, brown sugar and seasonings are spooned on top before these tasty sliders are baked to crispy golden perfection.
- deli ham, thinly sliced
- provolone cheese slices
- Hawaiian slider rolls
- melted butter
- brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- everything but the bagel seasoning
- garlic powder
- onion powder
First, preheat the oven to 350 and line a large baking sheet with foil. Pull apart the sliders and place the bottoms onto the foil.
Then spread mustard over the bottom part of the slider buns. Add two pieces of ham and 1 slice of cheese, folded to fit on each slider bun. Add the top of each bun and place sandwiches close together, raising the foil around the edges to create a basket of sorts.
Next, prepare the topping. In a bowl with the melted butter, whisk in the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, bagel seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder. Brush over the tops of the slider rolls, letting the excess run between the sandwiches.
Cover with foil and bake for 10-12 minutes. Then remove the foil from the top and bake another 3-4 minutes until the tops start to get golden and crispy. Remove from the oven and let sit 5 minutes before pulling apart and serving.
- Replace mustard on the sandwiches with mayo if you prefer.
- Swap out everything bagel seasoning for its individual ingredients - poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic powder, onion powder, etc.
- For a spicy kick, add some cayenne to the butter mixture before brushing on the slider rolls.
- Change out your deli meat and cheese preference - turkey and cheddar, roast beef and provolone, turkey and swiss, ham and gouda...the options are endless
More Sandwich Recipes You'll Love
Want to save this recipe for later? Follow me on Pinterest! Rather watch a video? See if I've made this recipe by following me on Tiktok!
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 12 small slider rolls
- ¾ lb deli ham sliced thin
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoon everything but the bagel seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet or 9x13 dish with foil. Pull apart sliders and place the bottom half into the prepared baking dish.12 small slider rolls
- Spread mustard onto the bottom of the sliders and top with 2-3 slices of ham and 1 piece of cheese, folded to fit onto each slider. Place the top of the bun back on top.¾ lb deli ham, 2 tablespoon mustard, 12 slices provolone cheese
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and brush over the tops of the slider rolls, letting the excess run between them.4 tablespoon unsalted butter, 3 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 3 tablespoon everything but the bagel seasoning, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Cover with foil and bake for 12 minutes, then remove the foil and bake another 3-4 minutes until the tops get golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 5 minutes before pulling apart and serving.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.