Grinch Santa Fruit Skewers are an easy and adorable snack to make featuring grapes, bananas, strawberries and mini marshmallows to create a Grinch-like treat.
Update: This recipe was originally posted in December 2013. The recipe and photos have been updated and republished in December 2022.
I love absolutely anything that has to do with the Grinch. I've watched the cartoon every holiday since I was a child and then added in the movie(s) when they came out. My entire house is essentially Whoville around the holiday and it makes me incredibly happy.
What are Grinch Santa Fruit Skewers?
Grinch Santa Fruit Skewers are a simple and easy snack to make during the holiday season. Serve these up for your kids or anyone who is a fan of the Grinch! They are made using green grapes, banana slices, strawberries and mini marshmallows, all held together with a toothpick or skewer.
- green grapes
- mini marshmallows
- toothpicks or skewers
- optional: food safe markers
First, rinse and dry all produce.
Then slice banana and strawberries. Slice rounds of the banana to create the bottom part of the santa hat. Slice off the tops of the strawberries.
Finally, assemble the grinches. Place a grape onto the skewer, followed by the banana slice, then strawberry and finally the mini marshmallow, creating a grinch-like face wearing a santa hat.
If you are an artist, use a food-safe black marker to draw Grinch-eyes and/or face on the grapes.
- Spritz banana slices with lemon juice to keep them from browning if you're adding these to your kids lunchbox or if serving them at a party where they'll sit out a while.
- Try to find strawberries that are in similar size to the banana slices to create a more cohesive santa hat.
- The toothpicks that have the crinkly stuff on top would make a great "pompom" on the santa hat.
Want to save this recipe for later? Follow me on Pinterest! Rather watch a video? See if I've made this recipe by following me on Tiktok!
Grinch Santa Fruit Skewers
- 6 toothpicks or skewers
- 1 small banana
- 6 medium strawberries
- 6 large grapes
- 6 mini marshmallows
- Rinse grapes and strawberries. Cut tops off the strawberries.
- Slice banana into 6 rounds to create the "trim" of the santa hat.1 small banana
- Add a grape to a toothpick, followed by the banana slice, strawberry and finally top it with a mini marshmallow to create the pompom on top of the santa hat.6 medium strawberries, 6 large grapes, 6 mini marshmallows
- If desired, use food safe markers to draw Grinch eyes and/or face on the grape.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.