I ended up with cookies spread out and ran together into a gigantic cookie blob. This is the same thing that happens to me with snickerdoodle cookies no matter how long I refrigerate the dough. So even though these didn’t form a cookie, they were still awfully tasty. I decided to play the spreading out to my advantage and decided to make them in bar form the next time.
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 oz. cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- zest and juice of 1 lime, separated
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 9×11 baking dish with parchment paper. Melt the butter.
2. Combine the sugar, cream cheese and lime zest together in a large bowl. Pour the melted butter into the sugar mixture and stir until combined.
3.Stir the lime juice, egg, vegetable oil and milk into the mixture until incorporated.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, coconut, baking powder and baking soda. Stir to combine and then fold into the wet mixture, mixing just until thoroughly combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Lift the bars out of the baking dish by the parchment paper. Cut into 24 bars.