Blackberry Oat Crumble Bars are an easy to make dessert that everyone will enjoy. Made with only 8 ingredients and using blackberry preserve these bars are not just tasty, but quick to make.
Blackberry Oat Crumble Bars are so easy to make! Most of the ingredients are likely already in your pantry and all you’ll need is to pick up a jar of blackberry preserves. The dessert comes together in just a few minutes and then it only takes 30 minutes to bake them so dessert will be ready in no time!
🥘 Ingredients for this recipe
- all purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- old-fashioned oats
- vanilla extract
- blackberry preserves
🔪 Instructions for this recipe
- First, preheat the oven to 350 and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Then combine flour, salt and oats in one bowl. Melt the butter and mix in both sugars and vanilla. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Press ¾ of the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread the blackberry preserves on top, then crumble the remaining mixture on top of the preserves.
- Finally, bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
Substitutions and Additions
- Salted Butter – skip the ¼ teaspoon of salt and use salted butter in place of unsalted.
- All Purpose Flour – for a healthier take, use half all purpose flour and half whole wheat flour.
- Blackberry Preserves – blackberry not your flavor? No problem, you can switch out any preserves or jam flavor that you like in this recipe.
- Only have fresh berries? Toss them with 1 tablespoon each cornstarch and granulated sugar and layer onto the crust.
- Nuts? Chop up pecans, almonds or walnuts and mix into the crumble mixture for some extra crunch.
Other Bars You’ll Love
Baking Bloggers January 2021
Using Jams & Preserves in Baking
- Culinary Adventures with Camilla is sharing Roasted Lamb with Bourbon-Plum Glaze
- Making Miracles is sharing Chicken Thighs in Raspberry Sauce
- Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking is sharing Jelly Glazed Wings
- Cookaholic Wife is sharing Blackberry Crumble Bars
- Magical Ingredients is sharing Jam Pinwheel Cookies
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories is sharing Shortbread Jam Cookies with a Streusel Topping
- Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice is sharing Orange Marmalade Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- Palatable Pastime is sharing Jalapeno Lime Glazed Chicken
- Food Lust People Love is sharing Sticky Jammy Hot Wings
- Sneha’s Recipe is sharing Chicken Legs With Strawberry Balsamic Glaze & Spicy Potato Wedges
- A Day in the Life on the Farm is sharing Pepper Jelly Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blackberry Oat Crumble Bars
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 10 oz blackberry preserves
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In one bowl combine flour, oats and salt. In a second bowl, melt butter and whisk in granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Combine wet and dry ingredients together.
- Press ¾ of the crumble mixture into the prepared pan. Spread the blackberry preserves on top and then press the remaining ¼ of the crumble on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then let cool completely. (Once slightly cooled, refrigerate for 1 hour to speed up cooling time)
- Cut into 16 evenly sized bars.
- Replace unsalted butter with salted and remove the ¼ tsp of salt.
- Replace blackberry preserves with any other fruit spread of choice. Or to use fresh berries, toss them with 1 tablespoon each cornstarch and sugar and layer on top the crumble. Baking time may need to increase by 5 minutes.
- Substitute half of the all purpose flour with wheat flour for a healthier take.
- Use gluten free flour and oats for a gluten free variety!
- Add in ¼ to ½ cup chopped nuts of your choice to the crumble (walnuts, almonds or pecans)
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.