Once I realized the date I figured I would just pick something easy to make since I would only be cooking 2 days this week. Well, that’s not true. I will probably cook at my aunt’s house, but who knows when or what I’d be making.
I didn’t mean to choose such an easy recipe, like a drink, but I just happened to have all of these ingredients hanging out in the fridge asking to be used before I went away. I’m pretty sure that was a sign.
- 3/4 cup no-pulp orange juice
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup whipped cream flavored vodka
- whipped cream, for garnish
- orange slice, for garnish
1. Place 6 ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
2. Combine the orange juice, half and half and flavored vodka, pour over the ice.
3. Shake, shake, shake. Shake for 30 seconds.
4. Strain into a martini glass.
5. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and an orange slice. Sip and enjoy.
I’m sorry, I couldn’t pass up the shaking in the directions there. It was just too easy. So while I did have all of the ingredients necessary to make this, guess what I didn’t have? Yep, a martini glass. See, I’m not really a martini drinker so when my mom offered up some storage space in her garage, the martini glasses were the first in the boxes to head on over. Which resulted in me running out to the dollar store and purchasing a single martini glass. Hey, whatever works, right?
I’m not a big martini girl, but these are DAMN TASTY! And with the whipped cream vodka, you almost can’t tell that you’re drinking something alcoholic. Until, you know, you stand up. So fair warning!