Yesterday I gave you a short spoiler that today I would be sharing a recipe involving bacon and cheese. What I didn’t tell you is just how incredible this dip is.
Three things that should be a staple in everyone’s life are included in this recipe: Bread, cheese and bacon.
I highly, highly suggest making this for your family and friends. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it quickly becomes your signature dish and everyone is asking you for the recipe. It’s just that damn good.
Warm Bacon Cheese Spread
- 1 round bread loaf (sourdough, rye, Italian, etc.)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz. sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- bread, crackers, vegetables for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 325.
2. Cut the top of the bread bowl off and carefully hollow out the center. Cut the bread into cubes, place in a storage bag to keep from getting stale and set aside.
3. Add cream cheese to a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the sour cream, shredded cheese and Worcestershire sauce and beat until combined.
4. Stir in the bacon and green onions with a wooden spoon or spatula.
5. Spoon the cheese mixture into the hollowed out bread bowl and wrap the whole bread bowl in aluminum foil, tenting the top slightly so it doesn’t sit on the cheese mixture.
6. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and serve with the bread cubes, crackers and/or vegetables or serving.
Doesn’t that just look incredible? I can assure you it tastes even better. You can substitute the cream cheese, sour cream and shredded cheese for their lighter or fat-free counterparts if you’re looking to save a few calories.
I am definitely going to serve this for Thanksgiving and I have a feeling it might just knock my always-requested mac and cheese cups out of the number one spot.