There are thousands of brownie recipes out there.
there are THESE BROWNIES.
These Salted Fudge Brownies are unlike any brownie you will have enter encountered in your life. They will blow all of the other brownies out of the water.
You NEED these brownies in your life. Today. Right now. GO! I’m telling you, you are seriously going to regret it if you don’t make these brownies right.this.second!
Salted Fudge Brownies
Servings: 16 brownies
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Line an 8×8 square baking pan with foil, then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large saucepan, add the butter and chopped chocolate and melt over low heat, stirring occasionally. Once fully melted, remove from the heat and whisk in the cocoa powder until fully incorporated.
3. Repeat with each remaining ingredient (except for the salt), making sure it is completely mixed in before adding the next one. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
4. Sprinkle the salt on top of the brownie batter.
5. Bake for 35 minutes or until the center is slightly gooey. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 more hour.
6. Cut into 16 squares and serve.
I made this recipe as part of the Holiday Cooking/Baking Recipe Swap. I was assigned to our host Sarah’s blog, A Taste of Home Cooking. Sarah will tell you she is definitely not a baker, so when I saw that even she was tempted enough to make them, I knew they had to be incredible. And really, that is like the understatement of the century. These brownies are so far above incredible that you can’t even see “incredible” on the same chart.
I had Tom try one and even he was completely impressed saying he’d never had a brownie as fudgy and rich as this one.
Now, if you actually have more willpower than me, Sarah says you can freeze this brownies for up to a month. I really should try this. But good luck not eating them all first.