Wanting a light and fresh dish, I opted to use fresh basil on this and go minimal on the other flavors to really make the veggies stand out.
Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Source: A Cookaholic Wife creation
- 1 small English cucumber, diced
- 2 Roma or plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
It doesn’t get much simpler than that does it? I love me a good tomato and cucumber salad throughout the summer. Perfect side dish to burgers, chicken, steaks…just about anything!