This post is sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsors, Swiss Diamond, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, Nordic Ware, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan's Irish Oatmeal, Nairn's and The Spice House have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
If you're looking for a light salad that still has all of the warm and hearty flavors of fall, you have come to the right place! This is easily filling enough for lunch but also can serve as a lighter dinner option.
As much as I loved the chicken, apples and pecans in this dish, it's the perfect mix of flavors within the marinade/dressing that really makes this dish come to life. Sweet and slightly acidic, it balances out the sweetness of the apples and transforms what could be boring pan-seared chicken into something simply amazing.
Apple Pecan Chicken Salad #AppleWeek
For the Marinade/Dressing:
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Apple Pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 4 chicken cutlets trimmed of fat
- 2 large apples sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 cup pecans
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 8 cups spring mix
- optional: craisins
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing/marinade. Remove 4 tablespoon to a separate large bowl.
- Place the chicken in the bowl with the separated marinade/dressing and toss to coat. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the coated chicken, apples and pecans. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Stir apples and pecans as needed.
- Once chicken is fulled cooked, remove from the pan and let cool until it can be sliced.
- Divide spring mix into 4 bowls. Top with sliced chicken and apple and pecan mixture. Drizzle additional dressing over salad as needed. (Top with optional craisins)
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
Swiss Diamond is a high-end cookware and kitchenware brand established in 2001, with a manufacturing facility in Sierre, Switzerland. The brand name originates from the company's Swiss origin and it's classic cookware line which uses a revolutionary nonstick coating made with diamond crystals for durability, superior heat conduction, and a long-lasting nonstick surface. Swiss Diamond is committed to meeting consumer needs by using safe, high-quality materials, by emphasizing innovative design with traditional European craftsmanship and by adhering to an eco-friendly production process.
Swiss Diamond graciously sent me their XD 5 Qt Nonstick Square Casserole dish as part of the #Appleweek event. Cooking in this dish is a breeze! I was a little concerned that the sugar content in the marinade on the chicken would make it stick to the pan, but when they say it's a non-stick dish, it 100% is. The chicken easily slid around the dish, allowing me to make sure it cooked through perfectly. And unlike some other dishes that call themselves non-stick this was even easier to wash. A drop of dish soap and some water and the sticky marinade left in the pan wiped out with barely a swipe of the sponge.
Swiss Diamond website | Facebook | Twitter
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.
- Apple & Red Cabbage Slow-Cooker Sauerkraut by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apple Butter-Glazed Chicken Wings by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Apple Cherry Jam Cookies by The Monday Box
- Apple Cinnamon Cake by Girl Abroad
- Cheddar Chicken Tacos with Apple Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Apple Cider Donuts by House of Nash Eats
- Apple Cider Mules by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Fritters by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Apple Maple Breakfast Sausage by Kate's Recipe Box
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by Books n' Cooks
- Apple Pandowdy by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad by Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Spice Poke Cake by Jonesin' for Taste
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts by Everyday Eileen
- Baked Cinnamon Apples by The Anthony Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Pie Party Mix by Lemon Blossoms
- Chicken with Apple, Onion, and Cider Sauce by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Apple Fritters by The Freshman Cook
- Chipotle Turkey, Apple, & Sweet Potato Chili by Savory Moments
- Harvest Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Love and Confections
- Herby Ginger Apple Compote by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Individual Skillet Apple Pies by Family Around the Table
- Instant Pot Quick Oats with Apples, Walnuts and Honey by 4 Sons R Us
- Japanese Beef Curry (Kare Raisu) by Palatable Pastime
- Kielbasa, Apple, Bacon, Sweet Potato Skillet Meal by Tip Garden
- Mini Apple Crisp Baked Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- New England Apple Cake by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Turnovers by Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chai Apple Butter by Mildly Meandering
- Spiked Mulled Apple Cider by Caroline's Cooking
- Stuffed Apples with Homemade Sausage and Rice by Our Good Life
Oh, I love this. I expected from the recipe title to find a chicken, apples and pecans mixed together in a creamy base. This is my kind of salad.
Thanks! I thought about doing a chicken salad like that, but then decided I wanted something lighter and a little more different. It was soooooooo good!