Right after my hunt to find Valentine’s Day recipes, I was cleaning out the pantry and found the box of cereal. How could I not make rice krispie treats for Valentine’ s Day?
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- seasonal sprinkles
- *heart shaped cookie cutter
1. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir with a silicone spatula until melted.
2. Slowly add in the cereal, about 2 cups at a time and stir until fully combined. Repeat until fully mixed.
3. Spray the spatula with non-stick spray and then transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Use the spatula to press the mixture flat. Sprinkle immediately with seasonal sprinkles.
4. Allow to set for 1 hour before turning out onto a wax papered surface and using the cookie cutter to cut out heart shaped treats. The treats will still be slightly pliable enough if you need to better mold them into heart shapes with your fingers.
Aren’t these adorable? They’re perfect to have the kids take into school or to bring to your coworkers!