We usually eat beef burgers but after so many of them I have a craving to switch things up a little bit. I’ve made pork burgers and chicken burgers but not a ton of turkey burgers. You have to be careful when mixing the burgers together because too much mixing gives you a tough and chewy burger and no one likes those. Plus, because ground turkey is very, very lean it is very easy to dry out a burger.
I had ground turkey in the freezer and knew I wanted to make burgers and decided to just wing it one night using the ingredients I had on hand. It turned out to be a burger that was a little spicy, a little sweet and a lot delicious.
Source: Cookaholic Wife Creation
Servings: 4 burgers
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey breast
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 slices pepperjack cheese
- 4 pineapple rings
- 4 tbsp. BBQ sauce
- lettuce leaves
- 4 burger buns, optional
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan to high heat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, Panko, onion, parsley and garlic. Mix well and form into 4 equally sized patties.
3. Grill the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Add the cheese and cook until melted. Remove from the grill and set aside.
4. Place the pineapple slices on the grill and grill 1-2 minutes per side or until browned.
5. Spread the BBQ sauce on the burger buns if using and add lettuce (or arrange a bed of lettuce on a plate and drizzle with BBQ sauce.)
6. Place the burger on the bun or bed of lettuce and top with a slice of bacon each.