Would you believe that I have tons of ham recipes saved, but I rarely every blog them because it doesn’t make sense to buy a monstrous ham for just the two of us and the photos of a small ham just looks paltry and sad.
But this recipe is delicious and I wanted to share it with you. So I bought a 3 pound ham and figured I could just call up some family members to take the leftovers or bring it into work. My guinea pigs there can sometimes become vultures, so it’s not like it wouldn’t get eaten.
Cranberry Week: Cranberry Dijon Ham
A ham coated in a cranberry dijon sauce perfect for the holidays.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- Category: Ham
- Method: Oven
for the sauce:
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp prepared dijon mustard
For the ham:
- 3 pound fully cooked ham
- fresh cranberries, for garnish
1. Combine the cranberries and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the cranberries begin to pop.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and prepared dijon mustard. Taste, adding more sugar or vinegar if needed.
3. Puree with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender to puree until smooth.
4. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place the ham in a roasting pan (or create one using a wire cooling rack and large baking dish) Use a sharp knife to score diagonal lines in the ham (in both directions, creating an ‘x’) and brush with the cranberry mixture.
5. Use a sharp knife to score diagonal lines in the ham (in both directions, creating an ‘x’) and brush with the cranberry mixture.
6. Bake for 1 hour, basting with additional cranberry dijon mixture every 20 minutes, or until the ham is heated through.
7. Slice and arrange the ham on a platter, arranging additional cranberries around the slices.
8. Warm up the remaining cranberry mixture, transfer to a small dish and serve along side the ham.
See all the other cranberry creations being shared as we kick off Cranberry week today. Be sure to follow #cranberryweek to see all the delicious recipes:
- Cranberry Chicken Salad Wrap by Making Miracles
- Cranberry Dijon Ham by Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Cider Punch by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cranberry Margaritas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Orange Wild Rice by Jonesin’ for Taste
- Fresh Cranberry Muffins by Family Around the Table
- Pickled Cranberries by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salad with Cranberry, Pear, Walnuts and Gorgonzola by Palatable Pastime