#EasterWeek is a #FestiveFoodies event being hosted by Christie of A Kitchen Hoors Adventures. You can check out what the other bloggers have made at the bottom of the page.
Source: Cookaholic Wife creation
Servings: 35-48 bars
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper, letting a little hang over the edges to easily remove later.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and powdered sugar.
3. Dice the butter into small pieces and add into the bowl. Using a pastry cutter, work the butter into the flour and sugar mixture. (I find this easiest by dragging the flour in with the pastry cutter from the sides of the bowl as I spin the bowl with my other hand)
4. Mix until the mixture sticks together, forming a dough. Press onto the parchment paper in the prepared baking dish.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until thick and combined, then whisk in the lemon juice and finally the baking powder, whisking until it stops bubbling.
7. Once the crust has had it’s blind bake, whisk the lemon mixture again to stop it from separating and pour over the crust. Sprinkle the coconut flakes on top.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set in the center.
9. Cool completely on a wire rack.
10. Lift the lemon bars out by using the parchment overhang and cut into little bars.
Wednesday Easter Week Recipes
- Braised Rabbit with Fennel and Salsa Verde by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Citrus Tarragon Asparagus Salad by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Easter Egg Bread Ring by Everyday Eileen
- Easy Easter Candy Bark by Daily Dish Recipes
- Easy Sauteed Lemon Asparagus by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Edible Easter Candy Bowls by Family Around the Table
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Garlic Pancetta Brussels Sprouts by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Lemon Coconut Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Pineapple Carrot Cake Cupcakes by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Polish White Borscht – Bialy Barszcz by All that’s Jas
- Turkey Ham Potato Chowder by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings