Watermelon Cucumber Bites are a simple and refreshing appetizer that are great for any summer party!
Does anyone else get super excited when watermelon finally makes its way back into the grocery stores again? I honestly get kind of giddy. Of course, I’m pretty much the only person in my house that eats watermelon (Tom prefers other melons). But that doesn’t stop me from buying a quarter or half of a melon every week to enjoy.
So of course I was super excited to find out that watermelon was the ingredient for this month’s Foodie Extravaganza. Foodie Extravaganza is a monthly blogging event where we all make a recipe with a common ingredient and share it on the first Wednesday of the month. The host for this month is Caroline of Caroline’s Cooking.
We recently had a party for my brother in law and it was super, super hot outside so I figured a watermelon appetizer would be a great choice.
Watermelon Cucumber Bites
Watermelon Cucumber bites are a simple and refreshing appetizer that is a great addition for any party.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 20 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 1/4 watermelon, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 mini cucumbers, cut into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 20 blueberries
- Slice a slice of cucumber onto a toothpick, followed by a cube of watermelon and another slice of cucumber.
- Add a blueberry on top.
Keywords: watermelon cucumber bites, appetizers, 30 minutes or less, foodie extravaganza
Aren’t these adorable? They took no time at all to make and our guests really enjoyed them. If you’re looking for a really easy and refreshing appetizer for any summer party, you should totally try these!
Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you’re a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.
Try these other tasty recipes with watermelon being shared for today’s Foodie Extravaganza:
- Beef and Watermelon Stir Fry from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Disneyland Watermelon Mint Julep from Simply Inspired Meals
- Iced Watermelon Matcha from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Russian Pickled Watermelon from Pandemonium Noshery
- Spicy Watermelon Margarita from Caroline’s Cooking
- Watermelon Cucumber Bites from Cookaholic Wife
- Watermelon Jalapeño Cocktail from Food Lust People Love
- Watermelon Mint Granita from Our Good Life
- Watermelon Rind Pickles (Small Batch) from Palatable Pastime