Thankfully, that random issue disappeared on its on one day and I was finally able to eat cucumbers again. This recipe was just too cute and too easy to make to pass up serving for a party we had not too long ago.
for the filling:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, very soft
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp. dill
- 1 tsp. cajun spice
for the cucumbers:
- 3-4 English cucumbers
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- pinch of salt
1. Whisk together the cream cheese, ranch dressing, dill and cajun spice. Alternately, add to a stand mixer and beat for 2 minutes or until fully combined.
2. Transfer the filling to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip and set aside.
3. Slice the cucumbers into 1 inch thick slices. Use a melon baller to carefully scoop out the seeds and the center of the cucumber, leaving a little divot for the filling to go into.
4. Pipe the filling into each cucumber divot and top with a halved cherry tomato. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the cucumbers and serve.
* The filling can be made and refrigerated for 2-3 days. Let it warm up before piping onto the cucumbers. The entire dish can be made a few hours in advance and covered loosely with plastic wrap and stored in the fridge.
It’s like a mini salad on each cucumber! These were gobbled up pretty quickly and I strongly forsee these being a common addition to bring to my mom’s for our weekends at the pool.