Disclaimer: This post is sponsored in conjuction with #BBQWeek. I received product samples from sponsors to use in creating #BBQWeek recipes. However, all opinions are my own.
Welcome to #BBQWeek, the week where more than 20 bloggers share recipes with you that are perfect for grilling or served outdoors at your events! And of course, there are prizes from our awesome sponsors! I have an entire week of recipes planned to share with you and the link for the prizes will be located at the bottom of each post.
Let's get started! One of the vendors working with us for #BBQWeek is Adams Extract and Spice. They sent me a three pack of grilling seasonings - The Great Steak of Texas Seasoning, Sweet & Smokey Seafood and Salmon Seasoning and Burgers, Fries & More Multi-Seasoning. Of course, I opened all of them to try them and I can promise you - this is what's going to give your food some real flavor!
London Broil is one of those cuts of beef that does well with a longer marinade and should be served on the medium rare to rare side to avoid the tough, chewiness that can happen with certain cuts of meat. It's also a perfect cut to be grilled and since we were blessed with a few weeks of perfect grilling weather, I couldn't pass up that opportunity.
#BBQWeek: Grilled London Broil with Chimichurri Sauce #Giveaway
For the Steak:
- 2 lb. London Broil
- 2 tablespoon soy or Tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Adams The Great Steak of Texas seasoning
For the Chimichurri:
- 1 bunch fresh parsley stems trimmed
- ½ cup fresh cilantro stems removed
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- . In a ziptop bag, add the soy, red wine vinegar and oil. Place the steak in the bag and toss to coat. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes but up to overnight. (If marinating for more than 2 hours, marinate in refrigerator but allow steak to come up to room temperature for at least 1 hour before cooking.)
- 2. Transfer steak to a plate and season both sides liberally with the Adams seasoning. (Discard any leftover marinade).
- 3. Preheat a grill to high heat. Place the steaks on the grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side, flipping over repeatedly until steak reaches 130 degrees (medium).
- 4. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 5. Meanwhile prepare the chimchurri sauce by combining all ingredients except for olive oil into a food processor and pulsing 1-2 times. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, allowing the mixture to come together. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- 6. Once steak has rested and been sliced, top with chimicurri sauce.
- 7. Chimichurri sauce can be made in advance and refrigerated if not being used within 4 hours. Bring to room temperature to allow mixture to thin back out before serving after refrigeration.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
We had this with roasted bell peppers and onions that I also seasoned with The Great Steak of Texas seasoning and it was honestly the perfect summer meal. The hint of charcoal in the meat and veggies from the grill, the super flavorful seasoning, the fresh herbs on the meat...it was really just one of those meals you make in the summer when it's too hot to turn on the oven and it tastes so good that you can't wait to eat it again.
Want a chance to win your own seasonings along with some other really cool stuff from our sponsors? Here's what our sponsors are providing for the giveaway:
Thank you to Michigan Asparagus for providing bloggers with freshly harvested asparagus, to Adams Extract & Spice for wonderful rubs and spices for grilling and Not Ketchup for bloggers choice of sauce.
Prize Number 1: $100 Gift Card Courtesy of Michigan Asparagus (Value $100) Michigan Asparagus is known for its hand snapped fresh asparagus. It is available May – June and grown mostly in Oceana County along the shores of Lake Michigan. Michigan Asparagus has excellent flavor and a long shelf life. It is a nutrient-dense, low-calorie vegetable with no fat, no cholesterol, and very little sodium. Approximately 120 local Michigan farmers produce approximately 20 million pounds of Michigan Asparagus during the state's 6-7 week harvest. Remember to buy U.S. for the freshest of the fresh.
Prize Number 2: Not Ketchup Sampler 5-Pack (Value $40) Not Ketchup is a line of fruit gourmet grilling and dipping sauces with no added sugar, no corn syrup and no artificial sweeteners. They are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, paleo, vegan, low-carb and Whole30 friendly. Flavors in the sampler pack: Tangerine Hatch Chile Not Ketchup blends sweet-tart California tangerines with a touch of heat from authentic Hatch chiles from New Mexico. Favorite pairings: fish, chicken, turkey Cherry Chipotle Not Ketchup combines ripe cherries with the subtle, smoky heat of chipotle pepper. Favorite pairings: burgers, steak, salmon, ribs, meatballs Blueberry White Pepper Not Ketchup takes blueberries to the savory side with a touch of mustard and a little kick of white pepper. Favorite pairings: lamb chops, shrimp, scallops, pork tenderloin, goat cheese Smoky Date Not Ketchup mixes the natural sweetness of sun-ripened California dates with aromatic smoked paprika. Favorite pairings: pork chops, roast turkey, rotisserie chicken, ham, sausages Spiced Fig Not Ketchup blends rich California Mission figs with warm spices like cinnamon, anise and black pepper. Favorite pairings: Leg of lamb, steak, roast chicken, cheddar cheese
Prize Number 3: A bottle of vanilla and a selection of rubs from Adams Extract & Flavors (Value $30) Adams Extract From humble beginnings in Battle Creek, Michigan, to a rooted history in Texas, one thing has stayed the same: a commitment and passion to provide only the highest quality and innovative products and services. For over 125 years it’s really been that simple...make great food taste even better! Today, Adams proudly manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, Adams Reserve®, Flavor King™, Pantry Basics™, Sear-n-Crust®, ClearVan™, Carniceria®, Cocina del Rey®, Naturals™, and Urban Canner™ along with the Adams Frozen Skillet Desserts and Adams Premium Ice Cream lines.
And of course, don't forget to check out what all of the other bloggers have made today!
See what the bloggers served up Monday for #BBQWeek