The theme for #BundtBakers for October is "It's Fall Ya'll!"
When I think about fall, I think about apples, pumpkin and salted caramel. Individually, they're all great ingredients and at first I planned on using just one or two of them, but then I thought "why not use all three?"
#BundtBakers: Apple Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Drizzle
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 oz. unsweetened applesauce
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 4 medium tart-sweet apples peeled, cored and diced
For the Drizzle:
- ½ cup homemade or storebought salted caramel
- ¼ cup pecans chopped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- 3. In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the eggs, sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium speed until lightened, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Add the vanilla, applesauce and pumpkin until combined.
- 5. Slowly add the flour and mix until just combined. Stir in the diced apples by hand.
- 6. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the counter for 1 hour. Use a butterknife to run around the edges of the cake, gently pulling it away from the pan.
- 8. Place a plate on top of the pan and flip over, inverting the cake onto the plate.
- 9. Warm up the salted caramel sauce until a pouring consistency and drizzle over the cooled cake. Sprinkle immediately with chopped pecans so they stick to the caramel. Slice and serve!
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
The drizzle puts this right over the top Nichole.
Patricia Blanco Budia
I love pumpkin and apple mixture!!! It sounds really good!! XOXO
I agree that a salted caramel drizzle is a fantastic finishing touch, and pairs perfectly with apple and pumpkin.
OH YES!! Salted caramel. Perfect with apples.
Beautiful Bundt cake. I love that pan - so pretty.
What a beautiful cake! I love that salted caramel drizzle!
The drizzle on this cake makes me want to dive right in!
Nothing says fall like pumpkin and apple