Chocolate cake is great. Brownies are great. But what happens when you put them together?
Magic. Pure magic.
And also your coworkers ask you if you’re trying to kill them.
Of course not. I need my guinea pigs. (Said with all of the affection in the world.)
The theme for this month’s Bundt Bakers is chocolate and I scrolled through some chocolate cake recipes, none of them really appealing to me and then I found a chocolate brownie cake. How in the world did I not know this existed before then? What could be better than a chocolate cake? Simple: a chocolate brownie cake.
You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. http://www.pinterest.com/flpl/bundtbakers/
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page. http://www.foodlustpeoplelove.com/p/bundtbakers.html
Our host is Sue of Palatable Pastime.
#BundtBakers: Chocolate Brownie Bundt
For the Cake:
- 1 15.25 oz. box chocolate cake mix
- 1 17.6 box fudge brownie mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup prepared coffee cooled
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
For the Glaze:
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- heaping ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1-3 tbsp water
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with baking spray.
- 2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the chocolate cake mix, fudge brownie mix, eggs, water, oil, applesauce, coffee, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- 3. Pour into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 4. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting over a wire cooling rack to continue cooling.
- 5. Prepare the glaze by whisking all of the glaze ingredients except water together. Slowly add in the water until the mixture is a glaze consistency.
- 6. Line a large baking pan with foil and place the cake on the rack on top. Drizzle the glaze over the cake and allow to set for 10 minutes. (Discard the foil for easier clean up)
- 7. Transfer the cake to a plate to serve and slice.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
If you’re looking for a very rich and decadent cake, this is totally the right cake for you. Or if you’re simply unable to decide whether you want to have chocolate cake or brownies, this cake solves that issue for you.
Chocolate Bundt Cakes
- Alcohol Chocolate Fruit Mini Bundts from Sneha’s Recipe
- Bundt Cake White Chocolat from Merce’s Cake
- Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Chocolate Brownie Bundt from Cookaholic Wife
- Chocolate Coconut Bundt Cake from Tartacadabra
- Chocolate Oreo Bundt from Living the Gourmet
- Chocolate Tres Leches Bundt Cake from Patty’s Cake
- Extra Dark Chocolate and Moka Bundt Cake from Pat y Co. Candy Bar
- Inside Out German Chocolate Cake from Food Lust People Love
- Low Sugar Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake from Palatable Pastime
- Martha Stewart Chocolate Bundt Cake from I Love Bundt Cakes
- White Chocolate, Almond and Strawberry Curd Bundt Cake from Nunca es Demasiado Dulce