And then I procrastinated on making it for a really long time because I didn't think I could convince Tom to eat a chicken burger. But then there was a sale on ground chicken and I could absolutely not pass up $2.50 for a pound of ground chicken so I decided he was eating these burgers one way or another.
Ironically in the 5 days it took me to get this posted after eating it, EVERYONE is making this burger. No lie, I saw 6 different bloggers share it in the past week. If that isn't a big enough sign to tell you to make this, I don't know what is.
When I was slicing the jalapeno for this recipe, the back of my throat started stinging, like I had taken a bit of it. I opted to completely seed the pepper and go light on the amount, which turned out to be a mistake. The jalapeno flavor didn't come through as strongly as I would have liked so I know for next time I can use quite a bit of jalapeno.
Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burgers
Source: What's Gaby Cooking
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- ⅓ cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper
- 4 burger buns
- lettuce leaves
- tomato slices
- sour cream
- thinly sliced red onion
1. Heat a grill to high heat.
2. Add the ground chicken, cheese, onion, jalapeno, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper to a bowl.
3. Wearing gloves, gently mix the ingredients together and form into 4 large patties.
4. Place the patties on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
5. Serve each burger on a bun, topped with lettuce, tomato, red onion, sour cream and salsa.
Other than wanting a stronger jalapeno flavor in the burgers, I thought these were great! Tom liked them as well and neither of us could believe how much more filling a chicken burger is compared to a beef burger. Does anyone know why?
I can't wait to make these again!
Yummy! Maybe the jalapeno will spice up the chicken! 🙂
Wishes for tasty dishes,
Linda @Tumbleweed Contessa
These look amazing!! And I agree with you the flavor combinations are totally up my alley too!