Many, many moons ago back in the beginning of my blogging days, Dunkin' had a cranberry orange muffin as their featured muffin for fall. I think I probably ate a hundred of them while they were available. And then one day, they were just gone. Unable to give up that sweet and tart breakfast delight, I set out to make some of my own.
As I think I've mentioned, when I switched over from Blogger to WordPress a decent amount of my recipes prior to 2012 didn't come over. I tried to correct as many of them as possible, but in the end, there are still a bunch of recipes I need to recreate and share again with you. This is one of those recipes.
Perfectly sweet and tart, if you are a fan of cranberries, you're going to really enjoy these muffins. Orange is a great partner to cranberry and the zest really pumps up the orange flavor in these muffins.
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- zest of 1 large orange
- 2 cups +1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 oz. package fresh cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a muffin pan with liners.
- Place the cranberries in a large bowl and toss with the one tablespoon of all purpose flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, vegetable oil, milk, orange juice, vanilla extract, egg and zest.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the 2 cups of flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gently whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. Add in the cranberries and fold with a spoon until fully combined.
- Fill each muffin liner to the top with the batter.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 375 and bake 13-14 minutes more.
- Remove muffins from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, before removing from the muffin pan and cooling completely on the wire rack.
I loved these muffins so much I actually made them two weekends in a row. My coworkers devoured them the first time so I knew they'd do the same if I brought them in again.
I'm excited to be sharing this recipe as part of Cranberry Week - now in it's third year! See all the tasty cranberry recipes being shared today below and follow #cranberryweek on social media for more ideas all week long.
- Brandied Cranberries + Three Cocktails from Our Good Life
- Cranberry Bread Pudding from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Jalapeno Turkey Roll-Ups from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry-Olive Oil Bundt Cake with Yuzu from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Cookies from The Redhead Baker
- Cranberry Orange Muffins from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Truffles from Caroline's Cooking
- Cranberry Vanilla Rum Smoothie from Daily Dish Recipes
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce from The Saucy Fig
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad with Cranberries and Feta from Cooking For My Soul
- Squash Soup with Cranberry Puree from A Day in the Life on the Farm