Easter Candy Crack Bars are graham crackers topped with a brown sugar and butter mixture, chocolate and spring colored sprinkles!
Disclaimer: This post is in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2022 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks! Flowers are starting to bloom, the weather is getting warmer, and we're celebrating with spring sweets and a fun giveaway! This year 22 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 75 sweet recipes that are perfect for spring. So say bye bye to the snow and cold weather and get ready to enjoy amazing spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Dixie Crystals, Melissa's Produce, Anolon, Sweets & Treats, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn's for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway with six amazing prizes and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes that you can win!
Maybe you've heard of the super popular recipe around the holidays; Christmas Crack, but this is her sister - the Eastern Candy Crack Bar made with graham crackers instead of saltines.
What are Easter candy crack bars?
These tasty little treats are so easy to make and only require a few ingredients! Graham crackers are topped with a brown sugar and butter mixture before being baked. Then chocolate is added and finally some fun spring/Easter sprinkles. Once it all hardens, you break up the graham crackers and have a delicious treat!
- graham crackers, like Narin's
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- chocolate chips
Start off by preheating the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet, like this one from Analon, with foil.
Then arrange your graham crackers into a single layer on the baking sheet.
Next, combine your unsalted butter and brown sugar together in a pan over medium high heat. Bring it to a boil and let it boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Then remove from the heat, stir in the sauce and pour the mixture over the graham crackers, spreading it evenly over all of them.
Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Return to the oven for 1 minute, then use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate over all of the graham crackers.
Decorate with sprinkles of your choosing and let sit for 20-25 minutes, until the mixture has hardened and cooled. Break the graham crackers into pieces and enjoy!
#SpringSweetsWeek sponsored items used in this recipe
Substitutions and Storage
- add in chopped nuts like cashews, walnuts or even almonds!
- top with candy instead of sprinkles
- switch out your sprinkles for any holiday
- add sea salt or crushed pretzels for more of a sweet and salty combination
Store in an airtight container on the counter for 3 days, in the fridge for 7, or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 2-3 months.
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Anolon, Sweets & Treats, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blood Orange Shortbread Cookies from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Carrot Bundt Cake from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Carrot Halwa Ice Cream from Magical Ingredients
- Coconut Pudding with Dragon Fruit from Shockingly Delicious
- Crystalized Ginger Scones with Sake Poached Asian Pears from The Spiffy Cookie
- Easter Candy Crack Bars from Cookaholic Wife
- Easter Charcuterie Board from Devour Dinner
- Frozen Lemonade Pie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Hummingbird Cupcakes from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Key Lime Bundt Cake from Jen Around the World
- Key Lime Pie from Blogghetti
- Key Lime Sugar Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Blueberry Jelly Roll from That Recipe
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Posset Tart from Art of Natural Living
- Lemon Scones with Lavender Glaze. from Family Around the Table
- Mocha Cream Puffs from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Orange Unicorn Doughnuts from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake from Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Lavender Muffins from Sweet Beginnings
- Strawberry Lemonade Mascarpone Cheesecakes from Karen's Kitchen Stories
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Prize #1: A $100 gift card to Melissa’s Produce and a 3 month produce subscription.
One winner will receive a $100 gift card to buy the freshest produce around! Melissa’s has everything from common apples and oranges to exotic passion fruit and rambutans. The winner will also receive a stunning selection of the most delicious produce around once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s Produce, the produce is selected at their peak perfection and packed by hand to ensure a safe arrival. A $224 value.
Prize #2: A candy making kit from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the candy making novice or even the most advanced candy maker! Dixie Crystals is providing one winner with everything they need to make candy. The winner will receive a waterproof candy thermometer, silicone candy molds, and stainless steel double boiler. A $50 value.
Prize #3: A 5 piece Bakeware set from Anolon
Create dozens of bakeshop treats from gooey bar cookies to peanut butter and chocolate brownies to banana nut bread and more with all of the essentials in an expertly curated nonstick bakeware set. This bakeware is designed to stand up to the rigors of everyday baking with the convenience craved by creative bakers. This 5 piece baking set includes Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, a 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, a 14-Inch x 16-Inch Cookie Sheet, and a 11-Inch x 14-Inch Cooling Rack. A $65 value.
Prize #4: An assorted box of baking supplies from Sweets & Treats
Sweets & Treats will provide one winner with an assorted box of baking supplies including liners, sprinkles, toppers, and other fun baking supplies. Sweets & Treats has the best selection of cupcake liners, cupcake topper, paper straws, and molds.
Prize #5: A Selection of three extract pastes from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla.
Prize #6: A selection of three flavors of Gluten Free Grahams from Nairn’s.
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn's Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams. Nairn's has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products.
Want to save this recipe for later? Follow me on Pinterest! Rather watch a video? See if I've made this recipe by following me on Tiktok!
Easter Candy Crack Bars
- 1 sheet pan
- 10 sheets graham crackers
- 8 oz unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- easter sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange graham crackers in a single layer on the baking sheet.10 sheets graham crackers
- Add butter and brown sugar to a saucepan over medium high heat. Stir until mixed together and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes then remove from the heat and stir in the salt. Spread the mixture over the graham crackers and bake for 5 minutes.8 oz unsalted butter, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon salt
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, spreading with a spatula until melted and smooth. Return to the oven for 1 minute.1 cup chocolate chips
- Remove from the oven and place the sheet pan on a wire rack. Decorate with sprinkles of your choice and let sit for at least 20 minutes until hardened, but up to overnight. Break into pieces and enjoy!easter sprinkles
- Store Easter Candy Crack Bars in an air-tight container or ziplock bag for 1 week.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
I'll have to pick up a few boxes of the Oat Grahams and hide them so I can make this, they disappear so fast around here!
This is one of our very favorite Christmas treats, I can't believe we've never shared the love to other holidays! This is a perfect way to celebrate!
Great idea to use the grahams as the base. I have some left and totally want to make this.
Great addition for an Easter basket!
Karen's Kitchen Stories
These are very cute and sound wonderful! I l really love the caramel layer and these sound so decadent.
They call these recipes crack for a reason....so addicting. I definitely love your Spring spin on it!
Love crack bars--so easy and tasty! And oat grahams would be the best base!
We make crack every holiday. This sounds perfect and I love that you used the oat grahams.
I love this candy idea for Easter! It's so easy, quick, and colorful. Can't wait to try this!
This is addicting and I'm sure going to be loved by everyone. YUM!
This is easy and fun! I have the graham crackers need to try this for our next entertaining. Thanks for sharing a great and fun recipe!