Easy Apple Strudel is made with only six ingredients and comes together in no time. Apples are cooked down with sugar and cinnamon and wrapped up in puff pastry, brushed with an egg wash and topped with sanding sugar. Then its baked to perfect for a puffy, light and tasty apple dessert.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsors Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & College, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
I feel like apple strudel is such an undermade apple dessert. It takes barely any time at all to make, looks absolutely gorgeous and tastes great. More apple strudel must be made! Right?
WHAT IS AN APPLE STRUDEL?
Apple Strudel is a oblong pastry with a sweet apple filling baking inside. The filling can be completely sealed in the dough, braided, or with overlapping strips.
EASY APPLE STRUDEL INGREDIENTS
- Puff Pastry
- 3 apples
- sanding sugar
WHAT ARE ENVY APPLES?
Some of the best apples ever. No, but seriously, if you can find Envy Apples in your area, I highly recommend that you do so. They’re sweet, crisp and the flesh doesn’t turn brown as soon as you cut into them. Envy Apples are great for snacking or baking. Envy very generously provided the bloggers of #AppleWeek with a bunch of their delicious apples for us to use. I only used half of them for the recipes and I’ve been enjoying the remainder as my mid-afternoon snack each day.
Easy Apple Strudel #AppleWeek
- 1 box puff pastry thawed
- 3 medium Envy Apples peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sanding sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine apples, sugar and cinnamon together in a medium bowl, tossing to coat. Set aside.
- Unfold one sheet of puff pastry and place it onto the prepared baking sheet. Roll it out to a 12x16 rectangle. On the long ends, use a sharp knife to cut in 2 inches from either end, creating strips that you can fold up.
- Repeat with the other sheet of puff pastry.
- Layer half of the apple mixture down the center of the puff pastry and fold in the strips, alternating sides to create a braided look. Repeat with the remaining apples and sheet of puff pastry.
- Lightly beat the egg in a small bowl and brush on top of both puff pastry braids.
- Sprinkle the sanding sugar on top of both braids.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool slightly on the baking sheet before cutting into 4-6 pieces per braid.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
Don’t forget about the giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & College, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Nine (9) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.
#AppleWeek Recipes –
- Apple Muffins by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Apple Pie Ice Cream by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Snickerdoodles by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Apple Vanilla Oatmeal Cookies by Savory Moments
- Buttery Apple Cider Tea-Infused Ice Cream by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Caramel Apple S’Mores by Palatable Pastime
- Cider Tea Infused Apple Cinnamon Rolls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cozy Apple Cupcakes with Easy Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting by Cooking with Carlee
- Easy Apple Strudel by Cookaholic Wife
- Homemade Apple Cider by Tip Garden
- Overnight Cinnamon Apple Oats by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork & Apple Burgers by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Savory Apple Sausage Balls by Who Needs a Cape?