Filet Mignon with Gorgonzola Sauce
Source: Eat What You Love by Marlene Koch
- 4 6-oz. filets
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. rosemary, minced
- 1 tbsp. flour
- ⅓ cup low-fat milk
- ⅓ cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tbsp. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat a grill or broiler.
2. Season both sides of the filets with salt and pepper.
3. Grill for 4-8 minutes on each side, depending on your desired doneness. (2" thick steak for 6 minutes on each side should be medium rare.) Set steaks on a plate to let rest.
4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook for 1 minute.
5. Stir in the flour with a whisk to make a paste, then whisk in the milk and half-and-half. Cook, stirring frequently for 4 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
6. Add the gorgonzola cheese and stir until smooth.
7. Serve each filet topped with 3 tbsp. of the cheese sauce.
I could pretty much drink this sauce. It's absolutely delicious over the steaks.