It just so turned out that I had an extra pear in my basket of fruit so I immediately decided to choose this recipe.
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 pear, peeled cored and diced
- 6 oz. fresh cranberries
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
1. Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Bring to a boil, then add pears, cranberries and honey. Reduce the heat to medium, stirring frequently for 3 minutes.
3. Continue cooking until the cranberries start to pop, about 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat, stirring in the lemon juice and zest. Lightly mash mixture with a potato masher.
5. Serve hot, or cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Can be frozen for 1 month.
This definitely met my expectations of a sweeter cranberry sauce. The pears and honey mix wonderfully together. I think I may need to make up some more of this to use as a sandwich condiment. Or even just on some toasted bread. Its absolutely delicious!