Gingered Cranberry Pork Tenderloin is an easy oven-baked pork tenderloin coated with a dry rub and topped with prepared cranberry sauce before cooking.
Update: This recipe was originally shared in January 2013. The recipe and photos have been updated and republished in January 2023.
I have a problem with buying too many cranberries and then I'm left to create recipes using them up. It's not a bad problem to have, especially when it results in a recipe as delicious as this one!
What is gingered cranberry pork tenderloin
Gingered Cranberry Pork Tenderloin is an easy oven-baked pork tenderloin recipe. A prepared cranberry sauce has ginger paste mixed in and the pork is coated with a dry rub before piling the cranberry sauce on top. The result is a juicy slice of pork encrusted in a sweet glaze of cranberries and ginger.
- pork tenderloin
- prepared cranberry sauce, such as Pear Honey Cranberry Sauce
- ginger paste
- dry rub for pork: garlic powder, paprika, ground ginger, cinnamon, celery seed, cayenne, onion powder, chili powder, salt and pepper
- chicken stock or water
First, preheat the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
Then prepare the dry rub. Combine garlic powder, paprika, ground ginger, cinnamon, celery seed, cayenne, onion powder, chili powder, salt and pepper together in a small bowl and mix until combined.
Next stir the ginger into the prepared cranberry sauce. Add ginger paste to prepared cranberry sauce and stir well to incorporate.
Then rub and top the pork. Sprinkle dy rub over the entire pork tenderloin and place into the prepared baking dish. Spoon cranberry sauce on top and pour stock or water in the pan.
Finally, bake the pork tenderloin. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the pork reaches 160 degrees in the thickest part of the tenderloin. Let rest 5 minutes before slicig and serving. Optionally, serve with additional cranberry sauce.
More Pork Recipes You'll Enjoy
This recipe is part of January's Improv Cooking Challenge. The ingredients were honey and ginger. Check out what the other bloggers have made.
- Cookaholic Wife: Cranberry Ginger Pork Tenderloin
- Pandemonium Noshery: Russian Mulled Sbiten
- A Day in the Life on the Farm: Honey Ginger Chicken Stir Fry
- Sneha’s Recipe: Winter Bahar
- Magical Ingredients: Sesame Ginger Honeynut Squash
Want to save this recipe for later? Follow me on Pinterest! Rather watch a video? See if I've made this recipe by following me on Tiktok!
Gingered Cranberry Pork Tenderloin
- 1 lb pork tenderloin fat trimmed
- 1.5 cups cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock or water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine the dry rub ingredients into a small bowl and coat the pork with them. Place into the prepared baking dish.1 lb pork tenderloin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1 teaspoon celery seed, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper
- Stir ginger paste into cranberry sauce and spoon on top of the pork. Pour in chicken stock or water.1.5 cups cranberry sauce, 1 tablespoon ginger paste, ½ cup chicken stock
- Bake pork for 35-40 minutes until it reaches 160 degrees in the thickest part. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Top with additional cranberry sauce if desired.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.