Last year Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla rallied some blogging friends to help her celebrate her 15th wedding anniversary. She was only looking for fifteen cheesecake recipes. But we posted waaaaaay more than #FifteenCheesecakes.
Maybe I'll bring back the salted caramel trend on my own. ...Yeah right.
Anyway, mini chocolate chips + salted caramel + cheesecake is like my idea of heaven.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes
Source: Sally's Baking Addiction
Servings: 16-18 cups
for the crust:
- 18 Oreo cookies
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
for the filling:
- 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
for the salted caramel:
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp. salted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Line 2 cupcake pans with paper liners.
2. Add Oreos to a food processor and pulse until they turn into fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl and pour the melted butter on top. Stir until the crumbs are moistened.
3. Press a heaping tablespoon of the Oreo mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner and press down with the back of a spoon or another flat surface. Bake for 5 minutes, then set aside.
4. Beat the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed until completely smooth. Add in the sugar and yogurt and beat until fully combined. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Mix in the vanilla and mini chocolate chips until just incorporated.
5. Fill each cupcake liner with the cream cheese batter until nearly full. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until just set with the center still slightly jiggly.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 1 hour, then transfer to the fridge and allow to cool for at least 2 hours.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the salted caramel sauce by putting the sugar in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Stir with a spoon until the sugar is a thick, amber-colored liquid.
8. Add in the butter, stirring until fully melted then very slowly drizzle in the heavy cream while stirring constantly. Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute then remove from the heat and stir in the sauce. Allow to cool before using.
9. Once cheesecakes and salted caramel have cooled, drizzle the salted caramel into the center of each cheesecake.
So whip up some cheesecake and join me in wishing Camilla a happy 16th wedding anniversary!
Who cares if it's a trend? Those look amazing! I would be happy to join you in a retro salute to salted caramel!!
Delicious! I love that they are mini. I'd eat them all!
Oh I would eat way too many of these. Chocolate Chip and salted caramel together. YUMMY!
My idea of heaven, too. Definitely!
Yum! So cute and little! Sounds delicious.
Oh my gosh. I LOVE this cheesecakes! Chocolate + salted caramel = heaven!
These cheesecakes have my full attention!
You had me at 'salted caramel', Nichole. Oh, my. I need these on my table! Thanks for joining the party today.
I can't get past the toothmarks in that oeey gooey caramel topping. I really want a bite badly.
Salted Caramel? I want these, now.
Get in my belly! I was in love at the words "salted caramel!"