It’s the second day of #Choctoberfest with Imperial Sugar! If you missed my post yesterday, go check out my Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies out to find out what you’re missing, check out the other bloggers participating and to enter the giveaway!
The recipe I’m sharing with you today for #Choctoberfest is pretty high up on my favorite things ever list. I have a s’mores addiction and I fully admit it.
Imperial Sugar totally helped me out with that by sending me a massive amount of sugar so I could try out new recipes to share with you. (And when I say massive, I mean massive.) Don’t forget, there are coupons on their website for their products.
for the donuts:
for the icing:
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 2 tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 6-hole donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Stir together and push mixture to the sides of the bowl to form a well in the center.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, yogurt, vanilla, egg and sugars and whisk until combined. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and use a spatula to fold the mixture over until no streaks of flour remain.
4. Fill each of the donut holes with the batter (it will be thick) and bake for 8-10 minutes or until donuts are springy when touched. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter. (The original recipe says it makes 6 donuts, the batter made 9 for me)
5. Once donuts are cool, add the marshmallow fluff to a shallow bowl and microwave for 40 seconds or until smooth. Place the graham cracker crumbs in another shallow dish.
6. Dip the tops of the donuts into the marshmallow fluff, swirling to coat and then sprinkle with graham crackers. Place donuts on a wire rack to allow the icing to set.
I really don’t even know what to say about this. It’s a s’mores donut. If you can’t figure out that’s delicious, I may have to give you the side eye. 🙂