Why deal with hot oil on the stove when you can make delicious apple fritters from scratch using your air fryer?
Traditional apple fritters are a deep fried donut of sorts, filled with apples, cinnamon and sugar and topped with sweet glaze. But who feels like pulling out a big pot, filling it with oil and taking chances on potentially burning yourself? Not me! Which is why I created these air fryer apple fritters!
I was really late to the air fryer train. We purchased one last year and I regret not getting it sooner, because that appliance is amazing. Now we use it at least once a week, but I finally got around to seeing if I could bake in it.
What's the difference between a fritter and a donut?
A fritter is a dessert coated in batter (and usually deep-fried), while a donut is dough that can be fried and either coated in sprinkles or sugar or filled with jams, custards or chocolate.
🥘 Ingredients for this recipe
- all purpose flour
- apple pie spice
- baking powder
- apple cider
- powdered sugar
How do you make apple fritters from scratch?
- Combine your dry ingredients. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and apple pie spice in a bowl.
- Whisk your wet ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, apple cider and vanilla.
- Create the batter. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet. Fold until combined, adding in chopped apples.
- Fry your fritters. Line your air fryer with a sheet of parchment paper and set it to 400 degrees. Use a cookie scoop to drop fritters into the air fryer and air-fry for 5-6 minutes each, flipping over halfway.
- Whip up some glaze and pour it on! Whisk apple cider with powdered sugar until a glaze forms. Drizzle over the warm apple fritters.
Is an air fryer apple fritter healthy?
These fritters come in at 170 calories and 1g each of fat and saturated fat. While they aren't healthy persay, they are healthier than the deep-fried versions which are full of fat and calories, usually coming in around 17g of fat and 400+ calories.
Love apples? Check out some of my other favorites:
Want to save this recipe for later? Follow me on Pinterest! Rather watch a video? See if I've made this recipe by following me on Tiktok!
Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- Air fryer
- 2 large apples
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tsp apple pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup apple cider divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- Peel, core and finely dice your apples.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, apple pie spice and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ⅓ cup apple cider, eggs and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients bowl and add in the wet ingredients. Fold in, adding in apples until combined.
- Line your air fryer with a sheet of parchment paper. Heat to 400 degrees.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop 2-3 apple fritters onto the parchment paper. Air fry for 5-6 minutes, flipping over once.
- Transfer fritters to a cooling rack.
- Combine remaining apple cider and powdered sugar together to create a glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the slightly cooled apple fritters.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
Leave a Reply