Which is a very, very bad idea in the case of this pie. I think it makes me a bad blogger to do this, but you really shouldn't make this pie unless you're having or going to a party. No one needs this pie just sitting around and tempting them. It will call to you from the fridge. It will appear in your dreams. It will taunt you while you're on the treadmill.
This pie needs a warning label.
The toasted marshmallows are gooey. The chocolate is rich, sinful, smooth and delicious. The graham
cracker crust holds everything together while still providing its own pop of sweet crumbliness.
- 10-11 graham crackers
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- 10 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup mini marshmallows
1. Preheat the oven to 325. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. Place graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until crumbs. Stir the butter into the graham cracker crumbs until combined. Then press into a 9" pie pan. Place the pan on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Heat heavy cream and milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it is simmering around the edges. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until melted. Stir in the sugar and salt.
4. Lightly beat two eggs and slowly add to the chocolate mixture. Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set.
6. Set the oven to broil. Spread a layer of marshmallows on top of the chocolate filling. Place in the broiler until marshmallows are toasted (20 seconds+, depending on your broiler).
7. Let pie cool slightly then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Magical melty things happen if you place a slice of pie in the microwave for 10 seconds before eating. Very magical melty things.
In non-edible news, Itty turned 2 today! While I may be a slightly crazy cat lady, I didn't do anything super crazy like throw her a party. I did however decide to share some Itty pictures.