Sugar Skulls S’mores Cheesecake is a 6 inch cheesecake topped with chocolate fudge, graham cracker crumbs and toasted marshmallows for that classic s’mores flavor.
Disclaimer: This recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek. I received product samples from our sponsors. All opinions are 100% my own.
Who doesn’t love cheesecake? This 6 inch Sugar Skulls S’mores Cheesecake is the best cheesecake with it’s graham cracker crust, chocolate fudge topping and toasted marshmallows. The sugar skulls make it absolutely perfect for Halloween. It’s a New York Style Cheesecake, made with cream cheese and sour cream.
WHAT MAKES A CHEESECAKE NEW YORK STYLE?
Cheesecake is a cream cheese, sugar and egg mixture batter baked on top of a crust, typically of crushed cookies. A New York Style Cheesecake differs in that in addition to the cream cheese, sugar and eggs; sour cream is added to the batter to give it a creamier, smooth consistency. New York Style Cheesecake is also easier to freeze.
WHAT ARE S’MORES?
S’mores are the classic American summertime dessert. A marshmallow is toasted over an open flame and pressed between two graham cracker cookies with a piece of chocolate, resulting in a sticky sweet dessert.
WHY S’MORES AND CHEESECAKE?
Well, they’re a perfect pairing. A cheesecake typically has a graham cracker crust which is a main ingredient in s’mores. Cheesecake is also delicious when topped with chocolate, which s’mores also contain. And then who can really resist a toasted marshmallow?
SUGAR SKULL S’MORES CHEEESECAKE INGREDIENTS
- CHEESECAKE: graham crackers, sugar, butter, cream cheese, egg, vanilla, cornstarch, sour cream
- TOPPING: hot fudge topping, graham cracker crumbs, marshmallows
SUGAR SKULL S’MORES CAKE DIRECTIONS
- Process the graham crackers into crumbs. Pour into a bowl and add sugar and melted butter. Mix until they stick together. Press into the springform pan, on the bottom and up the sides.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add the egg, vanilla, cornstarch and sour cream. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350, then turn off oven, prop open door and allow cheesecake to cool for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Melt hot fudge topping and pour over top of cake. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top. Add mini marshmallows and torch with a kitchen torch. Top with Sugar Skull Marshmallows.
Pro Tip: If you don’t have enough time to make a cheesecake, or you don’t have the springform pan; you can pick up a store-bought cheesecake and turn it into a s’mores cheesecake with the toppings and decorations.
PRODUCTS USED IN SUGAR SKULLS SMORES CAKE
Sugar Skulls Smores Cheesecake
For the Cheesecake Crust:
- ⅔ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 12 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup sour cream
For the Topping:
- ⅓ cup hot fudge topping melted
- ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Sugar Skulls Marshmallows
For the Cheesecake Crust:
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter together in a bowl. Mix until combined and the mixture sticks together.
- Press the mixture in an even layer on the bottom of a 6 inch springform pan, and halfway up the sides.
- Bake for 6 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside.
For the Cheesecake:
- Beat the cream cheese in a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the sugar and beat for 1 minute more.
- Then add in the egg, vanilla, cornstarch and sour cream and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Pour on top of the prepared crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and prop open the door. Allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from the oven and transfer to the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Melt the hot fudge topping and spread over the top of the chilled cheesecake. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top.
- Add marshmallows on top and lightly torch with a kitchen torch.
- Add Sugar Skull Marshmallows on top.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- BloodShot Eyeball Chocolate Apple Slices from Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars from Fake Ginger
- Day of the Dead Mexican Hot Cocoa from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten Free Graveyard Dirt Cake from Frugal & Fit
- Sugar Skull S’mores Cheesecake from Cookaholic Wife
- Jack Skellington Peanut Butter Cups from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Hocus Pocus Potion from Jen Around the World
- Halloween Puppy Chow from Daily Dish Recipes
- Halloween Spooky Finger Cupcakes from Everyday Eileen
- Ghostly Halloween Brownie Cupcakes from Sweet Beginnings
- Halloween Chocolate Crack from Back To My Southern Roots
- Frosted Halloween Sheet Pan Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Slime Lava Cakes from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Cake Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dia de los Muertos Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Ghoul’s Blood Cocktail from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Pretzel Owls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Monster Mash Halloween Edible Cookie Dough from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Haunted Gingerbread House from The Redhead Baker
- Black Cat Brownies from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Frankenberry Berry Hand Pies from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Haunted House Cupcake Tower from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Mummy Pizza Toast from Katie’s Cucina
- Ghostly Pumpkin Custards from My Sweet Zepol
- Cinnamon & Sugar Pretzel Bones from Savory Moments
- Bloody Good Vegan Cherry Chip Bundt Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Candy Kabobs from Intelligent Domestications
- Halloween Hand Pies from A Blender Mom
- Halloween Dessert Board from Books n’ Cooks