Turkey Cheeseburger Meatloaf Minis are individually sized meatloaves made with ground turkey, turkey bacon, cheddar cheese and seasonings and topped with a ketchup and mustard glaze.
Update: This recipe was originally posted in November 2013. The recipe and photos have been updated and republished in January 2022.
I'll be honest with you, I have never been much of a meatloaf fan. Meatloaf can end up either too dry, undercooked or too greasy, but I found a way around that by creating these mini meatloaves. They are delicious and pack in so much flavor!
Not only is this recipe full of flavor, but it's a healthier alternative to using ground beef! These meatloaves freeze great too, so it's easy to double the recipe and have a second meal for later!
What are turkey cheeseburger meatloaf minis?
These individually sized mini meatloaves are made with ground turkey and are flavored like a cheeseburger. Cheddar cheese is mixed into the meatloaf, along with turkey bacon and the meatloaves are topped with a ketchup, mustard and brown sugar glaze.
- ground turkey
- turkey bacon, cooked
- cheddar cheese
- bread crumbs
- Worcestershire sauce
- salt, pepper and paprika
- spicy brown mustard
- brown sugar
First, preheat your oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with cooking spray. This will ensure for the easiest clean up!
Then, combine the meatloaf ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, turkey bacon, shredded cheddar, onion, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, pepper and paprika.
Next, form the meatloaves and prepare the glaze. From into 4 evenly sized meatloaves and place on the prepared rack. In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar and spicy brown mustard.
After that, spread the glaze on top and then bake the turkey meatloaves. Divide the glaze in half and spread half on the meatloaves. Reserve the remainder as a dipping sauce for after baking. Bake meatloaves for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the middle of the meatloaf is 165 degrees F.
Finally, serve your mini turkey cheeseburger meatloaf! Divide individual meatloaves onto plates and serve with remaining glaze as a dipping sauce.
- Perfect Creamy Mashed Potatoes are the classic side dish for meatloaf! Include a green veggie like Garlic Parmesan Green Beans to balance out the meal!
- Or, slice your meatloaf and serve it on a burger bun with some pickle chips for the ultimate turkey cheeseburger meatloaf!
Yes! For this recipe, combine the meatloaf ingredients and form the loaves. (Skip the glaze for now!) Then wrap tightly in plastic wrap, followed by foil and transfer to an air-tight container to freeze for 2-3 months. Thaw in the fridge, add the glaze and bake! (You may need to add 15-20 more minutes of cooking time if the meatloaf is really cold.)
With this recipe, you can prepare the meatloaf (skip the glaze) and keep them in the fridge for up to 2 days before baking. You may need to increase the cooking time by 15-20 minutes if the meatloaf is really cold)
Sure! I opted to keep this meatloaf leaner by using turkey bacon, but there's no reason why you can't use pork bacon instead.
Milk softens the bread crumbs and helps add moisture to meatloaf. I've found that by putting the glaze on the meatloaf before it begins to bake, it locks the moisture in. But feel free to add ¼ cup of milk to this recipe.
Want to save this recipe for later? Follow me on Pinterest! Rather watch a video? See if I've made this recipe by following me on Tiktok!
Turkey Cheeseburger Meatloaf Minis
- large baking sheet
- wire rack
Turkey Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 6 slices turkey bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion diced
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ⅛ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and place a wire cooling rack on top. Spray the rack with cooking spray. This will ensure the easiest clean up.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the meatloaf into a large bowl.1 lb ground turkey, 6 slices turkey bacon, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 1 medium onion, ⅓ cup bread crumbs, 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon paprika
- Form into 4 evenly sized meatloaves and place on the prepared sheet.
- Combine the glaze ingredients and divide in half.
- Brush half of the glaze over the top of the meatloaves and reserve the rest for later.¼ cup ketchup, ⅛ cup brown sugar, 1 ½ tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- Bake the meatloaves for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer in the center registers at 165 degrees F.
- Serve meatloaves with remaining glaze as a dipping sauce.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life
Ha. It was your recipe name that got me to click on over to your site from the Chef in Training link party. They sound delicious and I love that they're baked in a muffin pan. I'm eager to add this to our menu. Would you be willing to share this post and any of your other great ones at our Making Monday link party? We would love it and think our readers will, too. Thanks. Have a fantastic day. http://www.abrightandbeautifullife.com/making-monday-12/