I love sage. Fresh or dried, it’s one of my favorite herbs and I love using it in nearly all of my recipes for Thanksgiving. I tend to go really heavy on the sage in recipes because I think it adds such a great flavor. Fortunately, my family doesn’t seem to mind.
Not just because it’s cranberry week, but because I hoard cranberries, I’ve been on a kick using them in as many recipes as I possibly can. Sweet or savory, it doesn’t matter to me, I just love using them at this time of the year. Also, there may or not be five bags of them in my freezer. You never know when you’re going to need cranberries right?
I try to change up what I have for lunch each week and I haven’t had turkey or meatballs in some time, so it was only fitting to make some Thanksgiving-flavored meatballs and serve them with some of the cranberry sauce I’ve been making.
Sage Turkey Meatballs with Cranberry Dipping Sauce
The flavors of Thanksgiving come together in these baked turkey meatballs complete with a cranberry dipping sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 15 1x
- Category: Turkey
- Method: Oven
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp dried sage
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup cranberry sauce, store-bought or homemade
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top.
- Put the ground turkey in a large bowl. Sprinkle the herbs, salt and pepper and bread crumbs on top. Gently mix together.
- Form into 15 2-inch meatballs and place on the prepared wire rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve meatballs with warmed cranberry sauce.
Keywords: turkey meatballs, baked meatballs, thanksgiving, appetizer, cranberry dipping sauce
If you’re not a fan of sage, you can reduce the amount to one teaspoon and add in some other herbs like rosemary and thyme to still get that Thanksgiving flavor. I enjoyed these meatballs alongside a simple arugula salad.
I’m excited to be sharing this recipe as part of Cranberry Week – now in it’s third year! See all the tasty cranberry recipes being shared today below and follow #cranberryweek on social media for more ideas all week long.
- Acorn Squash with Cranberry Stuffing from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Cranberry Balsamic Chicken Thighs from The Redhead Baker
- Cranberry Bourbon Jam from Books n’ Cooks
- Cranberry-Ginger Whiskey Smash from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry Glazed Turkey & Cheese Meatballs from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Orange Baked Brie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Pecan Doughnuts from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cranberry Walnut Rugelagh from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cranberry White Chocolate Layer Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Vanilla Vodka from Family Around the Table
- Low-Sugar Blood Orange Cranberry Sauce from Palatable Pastime
- Vanilla Rum Sugared Cranberries from Daily Dish Recipes
- Venison Chops with Apples and Cranberries from The Gingered Whisk