Apple Pie Monkey Bread Minis are a super easy to make dessert, using store-bought biscuits. They’re studded with fresh apples, coated in cinnamon sugar and baked into the perfect portion size using a mini bundt pan.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #AppleWeek. I received complimentary product from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsors Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & Colledge, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
Ages ago I made a monkey bread recipe on my Instagram stories and never got around to sharing the post with you. Super sorry about that! But today, I have an mini apple version of that monkeybread and I think you’re going to love it just as much. I definitely think it’s better than a regular old cinnamon and sugar monkey bread recipe.
WHAT IS MONKEY BREAD?
Monkeybread is a sticky and sweet pastry made with dough that is coated in cinnamon and sugar. The term monkey bread comes from the fact that the pastry is eaten by pulling it apart with your fingers, like how a monkey would eat. Monkey bread can be made with a homemade dough, but is commonly made using refrigerator biscuits cut into pieces for ease of preparation.
WHAT KIND OF PAN IS USED FOR MONKEY BREAD?
Monkey bread can be made in a Bundt pan, fluted pan or any type of pan that has an opening in the center to create a ring shape. I used a mini Bundt pan to get individually sized monkey bread, but you can use a full size pan.
APPLE PIE MONKEYBREAD MINI INGREDIENTS
- 2 can refrigerated biscuits
- 2 Envy Apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Taylor and Colledge vanilla bean paste
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
Apple Pie Monkeybread Minis
- 2 cans refrigerated jumbo biscuits
- 2 Envy apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Taylor and Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a mini bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Cut each biscuit into 9 pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip biscuit pieces into cinnamon and sugar mixture and toss to coat. Place coated biscuit pieces into a large bowl. Repeat until all biscuit pieces are coated.
- Add the vanilla bean paste to the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Toss in the diced apples to coat.
- Add coated apples to the large bowl with the biscuit pieces. Stir to combine.
- Fill each bundt pan cavity halfway with the biscuit pieces/apples. Pour about 1 tbsp of butter on top of each.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the monkey bread to cool in the pan.
- Carefully dislodge monkey bread from each cavity with a spoon and invert onto a plate or platter.
Recipes on Cookaholic Wife are for information purposes only. Nutritional Data provided has not been evaluated by a nutritionist.
Make sure you enter the giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
#AppleWeek Recipes –
- Apple Cakesicles by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Pie Monkey Bread by Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Pie Toddy by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Tea Brined Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chewy Brown Sugar Apple Chip Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cranberry Apple Crisp by Cooking With Carlee
- Hand Shaped Mini Apple Candies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Individual Caramel Apple Sharlotka by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- No Knead Apple Bread by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apple and Pecan by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker BBQ Apple Meatballs by Who Needs A Cape?
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & College, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Nine (9) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors.
The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.